Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
well my blackbook finally came in today, and miraculasly at the same time my creature speakers left sat speaker doesnt work anymore. does LBJ allow me to order just that left sat speaker or do i now have to buy a whole new set. The black ones would match my blackbook, but i'd rather not spend another $70 on new speakers.

Old Smuggler

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
are you shure the speaker is broken?
jbl uses a propriatary shaped plug for the speakers on a creature II
double check and make shure they are seated
same thing happened to me once

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
yeah, i know they have shapes, but that isnt the case. i checked and double checked that. some sound is coming from it, but for the most part you can barely hear it.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
check the levels in the system pref. Sometimes the balance is off...
edit - are they under warranty?

JDN

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2006
Lund Sweden {London England}
I have the black ones, they are rather sexy. If you try everything else, and nothing work, you only need to undo the 4 screws on the bottom to get inside. Might be worth a poke around. Other than that i dont know, ive never seen replacement speakers anywhere, sorry.

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
well my friend's macbook pro didnt work either. maybe it is something in the new macbooks? i need to get my ipod and check to see. my bose headphones worked fine onthe macbook ,and tey both have the same jack.

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
its the speaker. i'd hate to have to buy a whole new set just because one of them decided to stop working, but this one sided sound is getting annoying. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.