Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amjustice

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2007
Naperville, IL
As nice as the Jet Black is, you have to get that thing into a case and screen protector immediately. So many people will have trouble maintaining it as "mint" for 2017 resales.
That only matters if you want to keep it mint. I don't really care if it gets finger prints or "micro abrasions"

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
That only matters if you want to keep it mint. I don't really care if it gets finger prints or "micro abrasions"

Mint helps resale value though, so that's why a lot of people need to ensure their phones aren't abused. I have IUP, so I don't need mint as much as others, but I don't have Jet Black, but I still protect my phones.

amjustice

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2007
Naperville, IL
Mint helps resale value though, so that's why a lot of people need to ensure their phones aren't abused. I have IUP, so I don't need mint as much as others, but I don't have Jet Black, but I still protect my phones.

I'm in the iPhone upgrade program too so it doesn't really matter to me. But I'm a guy who wears his rare Jordan's too. Stuff is meant to be used not kept in a case

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
I'm in the iPhone upgrade program too so it doesn't really matter to me. But I'm a guy who wears his rare Jordan's too. Stuff is meant to be used not kept in a case

Phones are different imo because they're easily prone to falling. My phone is my hub, so I can get away without a screen protector on like a laptop, but my phone is a no no. I need a tempered glass for my 7+ asap.

josh78

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2016
Palmdale, CA
I was about to lose hope, after pre-ordering a JB 258 on ATT through apple's website as soon as the site was up and working on pre-order launch, I was given a 4-6 timeframe (estimated October 18-31)... I have been obsessively checking the order status daily (and mostly multiple times)... This afternoon, I noticed the status was updated to say "Preparing to Ship" and this evening around 10:30 pm, I received an e-mail from apple saying that it was Shipped. The estimated delivery date is 9/30/16... Still anxious, but more hopeful than before!

Reactions: ssscarface89

josh78

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2016
Palmdale, CA
I was about to lose hope, after pre-ordering a JB 258 on ATT through apple's website as soon as the site was up and working on pre-order launch, I was given a 4-6 timeframe (estimated October 18-31)... I have been obsessively checking the order status daily (and mostly multiple times)... This afternoon, I noticed the status was updated to say "Preparing to Ship" and this evening around 10:30 pm, I received an e-mail from apple saying that it was Shipped. The estimated delivery date is 9/30/16... Still anxious, but more hopeful than before!

**Update, now the estimated delivery date is 9/28/16 and i have a tracking number... so excited!

*** Update (9/28/16) After sitting in ZhengZhou since 9/25/16, my package was sent to Louisville, then to California and now it's out for delivery. Even though the Apple website reverted back to the 9/30/16 date on the notice, the delivery is hopefully still on for today since UPS shows out for delivery.

Last edited:

jse75

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2010
As nice as the Jet Black is, you have to get that thing into a case and screen protector immediately. So many people will have trouble maintaining it as "mint" for 2017 resales.

My solution for that was to go with the iPhone Upgrade Program instead of a case.
[doublepost=1474720077][/doublepost]
My 7 Plus with literally the exact same specs as below also just moved into Preparing for Shipment. Exciting!!

Adjust one more update, it has now shipped with delivery estimate 9/27.

That's a pretty big improvement from 10/18-10/31! Way to go, Apple.

llekyamery

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2016

Many customers who pre-ordered a Jet Black iPhone 7 Plus received shipping estimates ranging into October and November, but it appears Apple is working hard to overcome supply constraints and get shipments out earlier than expected.

Starting this morning, MacRumors began hearing reports from customers who originally had deliveries scheduled for a month or two out but will now be receiving their devices over the course of the next few days.

iphone7jetblackdesign-800x498.jpg

MacRumors reader Daniel was told to expect his Jet Black iPhone 7 Plus in November, but will be receiving it tomorrow, while another customer had a delivery scheduled for October 4 to 10, but will instead receive his iPhone on Wednesday. There are also multiple reports on Twitter from customers who have had similar good news, including some improved delivery estimates from carriers.

The new Jet Black iPhone offers both a unique mirror-like finish and a new deep black color, which has made it one of the most popular choices with customers. It uses a different anodization process than the other iPhones to achieve the shine, perhaps explaining why it is in shorter supply.

Reports of improved shipping estimates are encouraging for customers who are expecting to wait until November to receive a new iPhone. When pre-orders for the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus took place on September 9, shipping estimates for Jet Black iPhone 7 Plus models slipped to weeks and then months within a matter of minutes, leaving customers who wanted the new color waiting. If Apple can continue ramping up supply, orders may be going out much earlier. Orders placed today on Apple's website for the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus continue to have November delivery estimates.

For those who have ordered a Jet Black iPhone or plan to, Apple warns that the device is prone to significant scratching because of its finish, something that has indeed been seen in early reviews and in the wild already.

Article Link: Jet Black iPhone 7 Plus Pre-Orders Shipping Sooner Than Expected
Just received my email saying my iPhone will be arriving next Tuesday-the 27 of Sep. ordered the Jet black iPhone 7 plus 256 G. Originally was coming the end of October. So it was moved up a few weeks.

ZivaD

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2012
I just received an update, "Status Shipment dispatched 24 September 2016" was set to ship 4th to 10th October.
Black 128gb 7+

eim23x

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2011
my pre order shipped getting my iPhone 7 plus 256GB on Tuesday
Pre order on launch day 3:30 AM

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-09-24 10.50.09.png
    Screenshot 2016-09-24 10.50.09.png
    109.1 KB · Views: 102

TuxedoCartman

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2016
Las Vegas
Thru the Apple Store. It originally said at the end of Oct. now it sais on sept 30th. But UPS sent me the tracking and it will actually be on the 27th.

View attachment 658551

• Now it sais

View attachment 658552
Thanks. Damn... seems like orders made through AT&T aren't budging at all. I'm supposed to have a delivery date of Oct. 14-21, but I'm wondering if I'd get it sooner if I cancelled my AT&T order and put one in through Apple.

Hemifam

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
California
Jet Black 7+ 256 card charged yesterday and tracking info received today should be here Tuesday check your cards if you ordered from Verizon!

Frazzleuk

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2014
Evening folks, seems it was a busy day for 256gb Black pluses today! Any idea whether we can expect to see new stock arriving tomorrow?

tekcor

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2007
Not that anybody cares, but my saga is finally over. Using the new phone now. I got a notice this morning that it was at the local airport, delivery scheduled for Monday. Not being able to accept it on Monday, I put in a request to drop it at a store so I could pick it up Monday evening. Which I guess requires extra effort, because it pushed my pickup window to Tuesday. Which is stupid. So I cancelled that request, figuring I'd get an exception Monday and receive it Tuesday anyway, or maybe get lucky and be home when the guy comes around.

After cancelling the request, I get a notice that it was put on a truck for delivery today. Nice.

After the nightmare that was this delivery, it's finally over.

amjustice

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2007
Naperville, IL
Not that anybody cares, but my saga is finally over. Using the new phone now. I got a notice this morning that it was at the local airport, delivery scheduled for Monday. Not being able to accept it on Monday, I put in a request to drop it at a store so I could pick it up Monday evening. Which I guess requires extra effort, because it pushed my pickup window to Tuesday. Which is stupid. So I cancelled that request, figuring I'd get an exception Monday and receive it Tuesday anyway, or maybe get lucky and be home when the guy comes around.

After cancelling the request, I get a notice that it was put on a truck for delivery today. Nice.

After the nightmare that was this delivery, it's finally over.
Pictures?!?

RedDefiant

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2015
Pre-ordered my iPhone 7 Plus Jet Black 256GB AT&T through Apple's website.
My confirmation email came in at 23 minutes after the website went live on the 9th.
My 'delivers' date was Oct 18 - Oct 31
On 23 Sept my order went from 'Processing' to 'Preparing for Shipment' and my card was charged.
This morning (24 Sept) it went from 'Preparing for Shipment' to 'Shipped' and I received a UPS tracking number that says it should be here on the 27th.
I hope this information helps some people out, good luck all.

bwinckler85

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2016
Pre-ordered my iPhone 7 Plus Jet Black 256GB AT&T through Apple's website.
My confirmation email came in at 23 minutes after the website went live on the 9th.
My 'delivers' date was Oct 18 - Oct 31
On 23 Sept my order went from 'Processing' to 'Preparing for Shipment' and my card was charged.
This morning (24 Sept) it went from 'Preparing for Shipment' to 'Shipped' and I received a UPS tracking number that says it should be here on the 27th.
I hope this information helps some people out, good luck all.

Nice! This is my exact scenario, but still processing, hope it updates soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.