Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kjparfekt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
Washington, DC
Yeah I'm starting to think the same thing. Until they're ability to accept payment becomes in jeopardy I don't think they will change.

CjonesHouston

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2015
Texas
f2995bc1-804a-44a3-85c8-391a67b0d92a_1.95022aaad140169e64914fa27880bfc9.jpeg

Is this a good dish liquid soap to add to the solution? Or does it not matter which kind.
You can use liquid hand soap as well.

jz123

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2010
Yeah I'm starting to think the same thing. Until they're ability to accept payment becomes in jeopardy I don't think they will change.
Like serious, the only company that needs a only 2 hour cancellation service, is a company that is afraid / knows people will cancel after it.
Like now a days atleast here u always got 7-14 days return/cancellation time.

Reactions: Bako-MacAddict

CjonesHouston

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2015
Texas
Literally trying to decide what soap to use right now as well. BSE website says Dawn Liquid Soap so I will go with that...
Go with dawn soap. If it's suggested. I ran out of the solution that came with my slickwrap. I reapplied the wrap and needed more solution or soapy water. So I made some more using liquid hand soap and water.

kjparfekt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
Washington, DC
Ordered from bestskinsever about 3 days ago and they sent me a tracking today.

Sorry to break the bad news to you but they generate a tracking in house. It took USPS 6 days for them to actually get the product dropped off at a USPS facility after I received the tracking notice. Still waiting on my wrap ordered quite some time ago.

Spankey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2007
NJ
I'm putting my BSE matte skin on matte black phone now. I will say, be VERY patient. The black shows EVERY bubble and you will just have to wait out the drying process to know how this looks. Been going over an hour now and its been slow going. If you are going to put the phone in any kind of bumper case, just get the simple back cover that does not wrap entirely.

JSway

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
I'm getting my BSE today, but think I'll pass on installing it. I'm getting an AlienSkin from Nano State sometime by the end of this week to next week. I'll install that one as the cut outs aren't as detailed/intricate as the other products. Sometimes less is more lol.

jz123

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2010
Got finally a week later a email reply on my ticket to...
Hello,
Sorry for the delay. We do have a high volume of orders for this new device. We are working on getting this pushed out as soon as we can. Orders will be going out this week as well as next week to get the orders completed. You will get an email with tracking, the tracking will update accordingly once the order ships out. Sorry for the delay.

With Love,
Raven Reyes | Slickwraps Happiness Team

"Slickwraps Happiness Team" i bet they are trolling

Strakt

Suspended
Sep 15, 2016
I installed a matte back on my jet black. My jet black phone is now a matte black phone. Hopefully BSE reads my email and sends me the correct back skin (I ordered glossy). All in all, installation is pretty easy. My back does have some bubbles under the skin (I stopped caring once i realized the skin i was putting on was actually matte). Looks great, and seems very durable. Maybe the bubbles will disappear in 24-48 hours like they state on the site?

nikster0029

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
How did you fail/what went wrong?

Without solution, I couldn't easily re apply the skin easily when I mis placed it. After one attempt of removing it and replacing it, it got stuck to itself. I will just go to an invisible shield booth

XRichard23

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2015
Without solution, I couldn't easily re apply the skin easily when I mis placed it. After one attempt of removing it and replacing it, it got stuck to itself. I will just go to an invisible shield booth
Is it salvageable? Fill a bowl with water, add 2-3 drops of dish soap mix it with your hands and toss the skin in there. Try pulling it apart in the liquid

Reactions: nikster0029

uiop.

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
BSE also sent me matte instead of glossy. Didn't realize it until I started installing. Looked weird on the Jet Black, so I peeled it off. Back to nude.

Strakt

Suspended
Sep 15, 2016
BSE also sent me matte instead of glossy. Didn't realize it until I started installing. Looked weird on the Jet Black, so I peeled it off. Back to nude.

Yea.. i didnt realize it either until it was in my hands wet and half of it was layed down on my phone... lol. It looks fine to me, its just that I'd rather get a glossy. I hope they respond to my email and are able to send me the correct one even though I used this one. Was so excited to get my skin too... Hopefully REMOVING the skin later on doesnt leave scratches on the phone. Do you think it will?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.