Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Swift

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2003
Los Angeles
You do realize the only reason these sports guys are wearing beats is because of the big advertising budget Beats has and is paying them right?

You sure? You have a view of their motivations? From where? Sennheisers are accurate, but Beats have bass. Ever seen a car going down the streets that vibrates from the bass? Not me, that's what the kids like.

I'm sure if they'd listen to classical music on those things, they'd wear some well-engineered, accurate and hi-fi phones. Yawn.

25ghosts

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2008
Part of that big money and all that are the sponsorships/endorsements, in fact as far as ongoing payments that can be longer lasting those can be more important in some sense than the actual team contracts those players have.

True... But they make in one year what a hard earning family guy makes in a LIFE TIME... The Family guy aint complaining nor is he wearing pink trashcans with tape on them on his ears.... but the big NFL-Guy is.

As I said, ugly world!

MJedi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2010
No, it should be stickers with a silhouette of an actual beet.

Or maybe two beets.
He should use those Apple stickers on them since Beats is owned by Apple now.

Or is that also considered using another brand? :eek:

EDIT: Better yet! Get a sticker that has a Calvin-like character peeing on the Bose logo. Will he be fined for that? :D

25ghosts

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2008
You sure? You have a view of their motivations? From where? Sennheisers are accurate, but Beats have bass. Ever seen a car going down the streets that vibrates from the bass? Not me, that's what the kids like.

I'm sure if they'd listen to classical music on those things, they'd wear some well-engineered, accurate and hi-fi phones. Yawn.

Bass is voluminous and dense and you can get sennheisers which do that perfectly...

Beats sound honky and hollow. If someone confuse that with Bass, well yeah - they have bass.

Kids buy Beats because they wanna stand out and because of small egos. They pay $300 for earmuffs to gain kudos and respect. And that they get by wearing beats. But the fame they gather is just as hollow as the sound of the muffs they wear to accumulate it.

25ghosts

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2008
Wearing headphones at a press conference makes you look like an idiot.

Yeah, i think so too...

but hey, at least the SF QB is smart enough to NOT wear the headphones on his ears... He is secretly saying that Beats are so crappy that they should be worn on the neck - NOT not the ears !

If I were Jimmi, I'd make the QB wear them on his ears. Now THAT would look really funny during a PC.

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
You do realize the only reason these sports guys are wearing beats is because of the big advertising budget Beats has and is paying them right?

Oh no..... You mean all the endorsement advertising isn't about telling me what a wonderful product it is? They do it for the $$$$$ :eek:

I suppose next your gonna tell me that cable news, for instance, is NOT out to inform me with unbiased facts and in depth research reporting. :confused:

All my cherished illusions dashed against the rocks.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
True... But they make in one year what a hard earning family guy makes in a LIFE TIME... The Family guy aint complaining nor is he wearing pink trashcans with tape on them on his ears.... but the big NFL-Guy is.

As I said, ugly world!
Plenty of "family guys" complain and plenty would put whatever on their ears if they could make money off of it (especially if it was anywhere even close to what those players make off of it).

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
they're going to look like superheroes even though they're just pure capitalists -- well they're not pure capitalists, but they're real capitalists and [they] sold that company to Apple -- but you're going to make them look like the underdog.

Ooops! Just a little slip of the tongue there, eh Jimmy?

furi0usbee

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
Makes me want to run out and buy a set. God I can't stand the NFL. I love the game, but hate the "non-profit" corporation that it is.

----------

Wearing headphones at a press conference makes you look like an idiot.

+1 on that

furi0usbee

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
They should put stickers with the word "Beets" over the headphones.

beets.jpg

TechGod

macrumors 68040
Feb 25, 2014
New Zealand
We have war, poverty and what not... Bose does not want Beats to be worn on NFL interviews. Beats does. So everybody starts crying. And making a huge deal out of it.

What a childish and cold world we live in... Where a fat guy feels the need to publicly bend a perfectly good iPhone 6 Plus just cause he can and because he need to fill the void that no girls like him and a million-dollar quarterback needs to wear sissy-pink crappy sounding headphones in an interview JUST to get a little more attention...

Where I am from, we laugh whenever we see someone with a strong case of inferiority complex wearing beats headphones...

Get a life. Seriously.

----------

Bass is voluminous and dense and you can get sennheisers which do that perfectly...

Beats sound honky and hollow. If someone confuse that with Bass, well yeah - they have bass.

Kids buy Beats because they wanna stand out and because of small egos. They pay $300 for earmuffs to gain kudos and respect. And that they get by wearing beats. But the fame they gather is just as hollow as the sound of the muffs they wear to accumulate it.
Jesus, get over yourself!

nostaws

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2006
I personally have Sennheisers. Those are my go to headphones. My niece showed me her new noise canceling Beats, and I was pretty impressed. The music sounded "good enough," but I was blown away by the noise cancellation. Maybe as good as the Bose (not my fav headphones, but I think the best in noise cancellation).

Been an audio engineer the past 20 years. Beats headphones sell because they have an awesome producers name on them. They are totally inferior to i.e Sennheiser which if course aren't looking so flashy... And thus boosting your self-esteem when walking the streets.

Personally, I think they look really funny

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004

So? Of course it's about making a statement. And that's okay because that's what fashion is--making a statement so that everyone knows you spent a lot of money on something.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.