Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johngordon

macrumors 68000
Apr 19, 2004
Really? Apple just charge you more and send an email to tell you price has risen. If you want to keep sub then pay more. It is too simple for Apple to do so.

Yes, really.

If AM costs $10 a month this year, then it will cost $120 for this year.

If Apple Music costs $25 a month next year, then Apple won't bill me for an extra $180 for this year.

You still aren't getting the point. The price of Am or CDs now, or in the past, is irrelevant.

The point is that if in the future AM costs $25 a month, then its just as likely that a CD is going to cost $25.

For what its worth, I doubt very much that either will cost that much any time soon.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Yes, really.

If AM costs $10 a month this year, then it will cost $120 for this year.

If Apple Music costs $25 a month next year, then Apple won't bill me for an extra $180 for this year.

You still aren't getting the point. The price of Am or CDs now, or in the past, is irrelevant.

The point is that if in the future AM costs $25 a month, then its just as likely that a CD is going to cost $25.

For what its worth, I doubt very much that either will cost that much any time soon.
Got it.
Your entire point is no matter how much the price will rise, current price is current price. And if AM goes more expensive, so does CD price, highly likely.
My entire point is buying one copy of CD in 10 and you don't need to pay 10 or 25 each month to listen to it.

johngordon

macrumors 68000
Apr 19, 2004
Got it.
Your entire point is no matter how much the price will rise, current price is current price. And if AM goes more expensive, so does CD price, highly likely.
My entire point is buying one copy of CD in 10 and you don't need to pay 10 or 25 each month to listen to it.

Depends how you look at it.

If I pay $10 for AM this month, I get to listen to a bunch of new albums released this month, rather than pay $10 for each CD.

If I pay $10 for AM next month, I get to listen to a bunch of new albums released next month, rather than pay $10 for each CD.

What I don't do is pay $10 this and every month, but only ever get to listen to the new stuff that comes out this month.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Depends how you look at it.

If I pay $10 for AM this month, I get to listen to a bunch of new albums released this month, rather than pay $10 for each CD.

If I pay $10 for AM next month, I get to listen to a bunch of new albums released next month, rather than pay $10 for each CD.

What I don't do is pay $10 this and every month, but only ever get to listen to the new stuff that comes out this month.
That's the beauty of streaming: discovery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.