Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cire

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2007
What I've noticed

I have been reading and posting here on MacRumors for years. I just noticed that I haven't seen one of the people I respect trashing the :apple:Watch. I have seen some if the people who routinely say they are buying the next big Samdung thing because of Apples failures...but then that's what they always do.

Just wanted to give them something they'd long to downvote. Thanks for letting me return he favor.

EnderTW

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2007
What happened to Skinny Jony ??? Either he is buffing up for mr universe or has found the Apple Muffin stash.

Also I can see why he does not speak at the keynotes.....

I was just going to say the same thing.

I love Johnny but man he has a hard time speaking. Its very obvious this dude likes to be doing design work rather than any type of public speaking. He looked uncomfortable.

MarkusL

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2014
Jony is so up himself it hurts to watch (pun intended). The Apple Watch is an exercise in self-indulgence and adds absolutely nothing innovative, new or practical to the wearable market.

To be fair, it does add "requires an iPhone" to the wearable market. While not practical, I guess it's at least new...

And about that "best product pipeline in 25 years", maybe they mean the best relative to anything else in the 2014-2038 interval?

Keirasplace

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2014
Montreal
I would really like to know if that Watch is so ugly and not looking as good as other Apple products because they had limited space for stuff inside or they just want to allow limited customers to try it first and make real product in next iterations.

Personally I love that heptic messages and I'm sure that trying this type of communication will make me addicted really fast. But man, this thing IS UGLY. Really, that's the best Apple can do?

For the iPhone on the other hand I have mixed feelings. iP4 and iP5 launch always made me think 'I need to have that stuff, it's grat!'. With this iteration, that feeling is gone. First thing - how will 6+ model feel in hand? Can I have it on me (pocket), or do I need to get a backpack to put it in :)

So many questions, no rush for me to get it. Something has changed. Is it me, or is it Apple, I'm not sure at the moment.

The review have been very positive, so "ugly" it is not. I don'T find it ugly at all, especially the top end one. Very very pretty!

fitshaced

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2011
Jony is so up himself it hurts to watch (pun intended). The Apple Watch is an exercise in self-indulgence and adds absolutely nothing innovative, new or practical to the wearable market.

Is there a more functional watch available right now or announced awaiting release?

kwijbo

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2012
Muir: How many different versions of the Apple Watch are there?
Ive: I think we were talking about this earlier, and when you actually do the calculations, it's millions and millions.
Muir: Millions and millions?
Ive: That's right, there are different materials for the actual case, there's two different sizes, you can choose one of six different straps or bands. But, the way we treated this from a design point of view wasn't that you had hardware and then software. Our experience as customers, as users, is that their one in the same. So we designed the user interface, gave people multiple choices, for example in terms of just watch faces.

3 different cases, 2 sizes and 6 bands - sounds like 36 combinations :confused:

H2SO4

macrumors 603
Nov 4, 2008
I would really like to know if that Watch is so ugly and not looking as good as other Apple products because they had limited space for stuff inside or they just want to allow limited customers to try it first and make real product in next iterations.

Personally I love that heptic messages and I'm sure that trying this type of communication will make me addicted really fast. But man, this thing IS UGLY. Really, that's the best Apple can do?

For the iPhone on the other hand I have mixed feelings. iP4 and iP5 launch always made me think 'I need to have that stuff, it's grat!'. With this iteration, that feeling is gone. First thing - how will 6+ model feel in hand? Can I have it on me (pocket), or do I need to get a backpack to put it in :)

So many questions, no rush for me to get it. Something has changed. Is it me, or is it Apple, I'm not sure at the moment.

I’m the opposite. As far as watches go I wouldn’t buy one but I think the design is very clean and nice. The phone on the other hand. GAAAHHHHH!

Deepshade

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2010
Its a sad, sad day.

Samsung have produced a better looking design than Apple (by a long chalk).

Being able to make a call without having to tether it to a phone would have been a redeeming point - but no, you can't.

I joked about the iWatch might look like a shrinkydink iPad. Now we see it actually does!!!. All that glorious curved tech out there and the 'designer' produces a thick slab that's only nod to design is interchangeable straps!!.

It looks like someone 'forced' it to look like that because the new iPhone has those design cues. What a terrible way to design something that is so specific in its use - what happened! Probably the worst bit of design I've seen from Apple for years.

Really disappointed.

WorldTravelBro

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2012

Is he wrestling an invisible bear?

I study facial/body movements, gestures, anxious movements for a living.

1. He feels very uncomfortable and anxious because the fat guy next to him is huge and his arm is touching.

2. He has a lot of anxiety and wanted to stretch but felt the heat of the female whale so he couldn’t stretch all the way and had to go back to his uncomfortable position with his arms clenched together so his arms don’t touch the man whale to this left.

3. he was not able to take a full deep breath because of the female whale incident. All in all he was very uncomfortable in this picture.

petsounds

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Not being waterproof and having to plug it in every night makes this thing impractical for everyone except the most devoted Apple fans.

1. It's water resistant. You're caught in the rain, wash your hands, no problem. Waterproof watches (submerging the whole watch in water) are a very niche market.
2. Apple has not stated any battery life yet, and the only rumor of battery life is 2-3 days. You must be thinking of the Android Wear watches.

Freeks

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2009
Apple watch looks great !!
I don't understand the complain people have, look at apple site http://www.apple.com/watch/ and you would appreciate the craftmanship that goes creating this.

Great job Apple.

Please do remember that in Keynote 2015 they will introduce iWatch 2 that they say: "This is best design ever!". And repeat that every 2 years or so.

Watch is not something that people switch every 2 years like phones. Or maybe Apple have created demand that was not there before :D

I love my Pebble as it's timeless design. It will not be outdated after two years.

Thespade46

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2014
For the iPhone on the other hand I have mixed feelings. iP4 and iP5 launch always made me think 'I need to have that stuff, it's great!'. With this iteration, that feeling is gone. First thing - how will 6+ model feel in hand? Can I have it on me (pocket), or do I need to get a backpack to put it in :)So many questions, no rush for me to get it. Something has changed. Is it me, or is it Apple, I'm not sure at the moment.

This^ As much as I love the hype that comes with Apple product launches, the fancy marketing doesn't work if the product doesn't deliver.We waited all this time and all they announced was an overpriced 6th gen nano with fancy wristbands.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Applewatchfeels.jpg
    Applewatchfeels.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 5,507

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
3 different cases, 2 sizes and 6 bands - sounds like 36 combinations :confused:
Also different colors of cases and different colors of bands.

----------

Its a sad, sad day.

Samsung have produced a better looking design than Apple (by a long chalk).

Being able to make a call without having to tether it to a phone would have been a redeeming point - but no, you can't.

I joked about the iWatch might look like a shrinkydink iPad. Now we see it actually does!!!. All that glorious curved tech out there and the 'designer' produces a thick slab that's only nod to design is interchangeable straps!!.

It looks like someone 'forced' it to look like that because the new iPhone has those design cues. What a terrible way to design something that is so specific in its use - what happened! Probably the worst bit of design I've seen from Apple for years.

Really disappointed.
Being able to make a call through magic then?

travis64

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2008
NEW YORK
i hate coming on this site when apple shows new products everyone always bitches, this is why people hate apple fans.

watch looks good to me if you don't want to buy it then don't complain

P1otr

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2012
PL
Hahahhaaaaaamuahuahua… Mr Ive, what planet are you from ???
They're the as ugly as sin. Period. I'll go for 5S, because it's "The last of the Mohicans" in Apple's stock.

sundog925

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2011
Really let down this year. The iPhone six and 6 plus are only marginally better than the 5S. What a disaster of a keynote. Wearable tech is just stupid. Google glass is cheaper yet no one buys it. Also, can we stop pretending that Apple invented Wi-Fi calling? T-Mobile had it almost 10 years ago with blackberry.. Nothing new or innovative was brought to the table. It seems the entire iPhone 6 and Apple watch are a hodgepodge of customer complaints that should have been delivered two years ago. Skipping this altogether. My 5S is way more beautiful than a 6 and with iOS 8 it will be near identical.

collin418

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2013
If you need to "do the math" to show how different your watches are, you're in trouble.

"Hey, we have the same watch!"

"No we don't, (points to different color wrist band) do the math, buddy."

They spent all this time designing something that wasn't a different design than what's already offered by other companies. Their marketing team has a lot of work to do to convince you a clone of what's already in existence is the next new thing.

Imagine the sigh of relief every Apple competitor let out once they saw what was going to be the market dominating device.

Yanwoo

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2006
This^ As much as I love the hype that comes with Apple product launches, the fancy marketing doesn't work if the product doesn't deliver.We waited all this time and all they announced was an overpriced 6th gen nano with fancy wristbands.

It's easy to mockup magical designs without consideration for any real world constraints. It's the interaction design that's super critical - all the little details that make for a strong experience, especially on a smaller screen that's geared towards frequent and quick usage. For me, that's where Apple excels.

If we look at the evolution of the iPhone that's what they prioritised at the start over a laundry list of features. Those came latter once they'd nailed the interaction paradigm. I would guess we'll see something similar with the apple watch.

It is funny again to see all the naysayers come out. Judging a product before it's even available (or even finished...). If history is a guide, I suspect Apple has kept back a few surprises for the actual launch.

Gill Bates

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2014
Not a negative comment..
But the current newly released product is ALWAYS "the best work yet"..
Of course it is, how could it not be?
And who would admit it if it wasn't?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Hahahhaaaaaamuahuahua… Mr Ive, what planet are you from ???
They're the as ugly as sin. Period. I'll go for 5S, because it's "The last of the Mohicans" in Apple's stock.
And tons of others will go for the new stuff.

Yanwoo

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2006
Not a negative comment..
But the current newly released product is ALWAYS "the best work yet"..
Of course it is, how could it not be?
And who would admit it if it wasn't?

haha...yup. Just like that laundry detergent gets the whitest whites possible...until the new one... :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.