Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RebootD

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2009
NW Indiana
I remember when Ryan Block left Engadget and people were saying similar things, wondering about Engadget's future. Josh eventually grew into the role and now he's leaving. While it's sad to see him go, I'm sure someone else will eventually fill the spotlight.

But did three of the top contributors leave with him? I think the fear is that both Miller's, Nilay and Josh left within a few months. Usually when you have an exodus by senior staff that isn't a good sign. Plus their posts are getting more and more snarky ala Gizmodo which is why I don't read Giz.

R94N

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2010
UK
Yeah, he was a little too hipster for me. Hat, thick black rim glasses, beard and scarf. In the words of Mitch Hedberg, '[He's] got a lot of cranium accessories...'

I knew someone was going to say that. To me I can't understand the whole hipster thing; must just be me.

Well Leo and Josh are obviously fans of Apple so it would make sense.

Not really. I would say Leo is a lot more balanced and neutral, when it comes to reviews and reporting the news. He is a big fan of Android, for example.

redgaz26

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2007
Glasgow
I just watched Leo crowd surfing with Lisa Bettany on Twit specials, so funny Leo is the tech king of the internet and Lisa is............Lisa:D:D:D:D

Err0xx

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2010
Good freaking riddance to Josh- I hope that they replace him and his Apple fanboyism with someone that is neutral and gives more unbiased reviews. I about **** myself when he gave a non-apple product a 9/10; must have been because he knew he would be leaving soon.

macdim

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2007
Canada
Not really. I would say Leo is a lot more balanced and neutral, when it comes to reviews and reporting the news. He is a big fan of Android, for example.

See, when I started watching twit a long time ago, Leo was the poster-boy Machead. He would get into arguments with hosts (Thurrot) defending Apple products even when he was wrong. Now that twit has many more shows and a more varied audience, I feel he HAD to tone it down just so he would not alienate his viewers.

R94N

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2010
UK
See, when I started watching twit a long time ago, Leo was the poster-boy Machead. He would get into arguments with hosts (Thurrot) defending Apple products even when he was wrong. Now that twit has many more shows and a more varied audience, I feel he HAD to tone it down just so he would not alienate his viewers.

You have been watching longer than I have, so you know more than me. I think it makes sense.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
That would be awesome! I love Leo and the TWiT podcasts.

You and me both. He has some really good shows going right now!

Well Leo and Josh are obviously fans of Apple so it would make sense.

I wouldn't say Leo is a die hard Apple fan. He likes their stuff but he also keeps it in perspective and does give it to Apple when he thinks they deserve it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.