Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bowser

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2005
I bought an S-video monster iTV Link for my iBook yesterday so I could watch movies on my tv from my computer. It worked fine yesterday, but today it simply won't work. I get sound, but I cant get any video. I have tried plugging it into different inputs in the TV, but it still doesnt work. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? I have tried pressing Detect Display in the settings, but it doesnt. what the hell is going on....

Bowser

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2005
tryin that, been tryin that. i dont get how it could work the first day, then all of sudden not work. when i click detect display, the tv screen flickers but nothing comes up. it was pretty much plug and play yesterday, now it dont want to do anything.

rickvanr

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2002
Brockville
I used to have trouble sometimes with my PM and my PB getting S-Video to work properly. Try turning the TV on and off and on again, then hit detect displays. Make sure the TV is on "AV" or whatever it's plugged into is selected on the TV.

Bowser

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2005
thanks for the advice, but still no go. it really boggles my mind how it worked perfectly yesterday, then stops working today when I havent touched either the cord or my computer.

when i plug it in, my iBook's screen does turn blue if thats any help. . .

if i return this cable, do I incur a charge?

KittenKrusher

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2005
You should be able to return the cable if you tell them it simply won't work. However, they will probably give you in store credit or something.

Bowser

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2005
The thing is, the computer doesnt detect the TV. Does this mean its a cable issue, TV issue, or computer issue? I really dont want to drive all the way back to the apple store, get another cable only to find out its my damn iBook.

rebhaf

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2005
Almost the same problem here

Bowser said:
I bought an S-video monster iTV Link for my iBook yesterday so I could watch movies on my tv from my computer. It worked fine yesterday, but today it simply won't work. I get sound, but I cant get any video. I have tried plugging it into different inputs in the TV, but it still doesnt work. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? I have tried pressing Detect Display in the settings, but it doesnt. what the hell is going on....

Almost the same problem here. In fact, if I take the audio output plug out of the iBook, the video works fine. But as soon as I plug it back in, the image practically disappears (it pops on and off but I can barely see anything). As is the case with all the third-party products they sell, nobody at the Apple Store can help me. And I went on Monster's website but all it gives me is a phone number that no one answers.

Another thing I found weird (but am not sure if this is related)... of the four AV channels on my TV, the AV4 is the only one that sort of shows an image. Is this normal?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.