Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wchong

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
Miami, Fl
i just got it. couldn't help to wait 6 more months for leopard. if it was the 20" i would've but the 24" is going to last me a long time at least for gaming!

welcome me to the 24" club! :D

2.16 ghz, 2gb ram, 7600 GT!
i should get it oct 23!!!

yoak

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2004
Oslo, Norway
Welcome. I got mine last week. Same specs as yours. It´s an amazing machine. I plan to have it for years

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
wchong said:
i just got it. couldn't help to wait 6 more months for leopard. if it was the 20" i would've but the 24" is going to last me a long time at least for gaming!

Congrats, If only Apple would offer decent GPU solutions for all its machines. 7600Gt is a solid video card and im almost shocked that Apple even offers it with all the crippling games they play. Good choice.

wchong

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
Miami, Fl
i know this is outside the topic, but given that there has been much talk about WoW with the 2' imac i was wondering if it was any good.

i'm used to rpg's (all of the final fantasy games, oblivion, baldur's gate etc etc) but i've never tried WoW. is it worth the 15 bucks a month? is it flawed like final fantasy xi? do u need to always play in a party or u could go on solo?

i remembered playing final fantasy xi for about 2 months and quit b/c it was just flawed. it took hours in order to get decent amount of currency.

fall3n

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2006
wchong said:
i know this is outside the topic, but given that there has been much talk about WoW with the 2' imac i was wondering if it was any good.

i'm used to rpg's (all of the final fantasy games, oblivion, baldur's gate etc etc) but i've never tried WoW. is it worth the 15 bucks a month? is it flawed like final fantasy xi? do u need to always play in a party or u could go on solo?

i remembered playing final fantasy xi for about 2 months and quit b/c it was just flawed. it took hours in order to get decent amount of currency.

I played for about a half a year when it came out and the for a month the following year. It's a really great game and you don't really need tonnes of time to get to exciting places and such. You can mostly solo, though some classes are easier and take less time. When i played it for that one month they had finally gotten battlefields and all that stuff going and it was super fun. It can consume a lot of time though so be ware, otherwise it's a lot of fun and if you don't need to have a life then go ahead an play away, lol. Not meaning to insult anyone, i just found that it could be so fun that you'd wanna play it all the time. Sometimes i still get cravings to start again, like right now just talking about it. haha. especially on my new 24" oh god would that be amazing..oh well, mabe some time when i actually don't have responsiblities or a gf.

wchong

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
Miami, Fl
fall3n said:
I played for about a half a year when it came out and the for a month the following year. It's a really great game and you don't really need tonnes of time to get to exciting places and such. You can mostly solo, though some classes are easier and take less time. When i played it for that one month they had finally gotten battlefields and all that stuff going and it was super fun. It can consume a lot of time though so be ware, otherwise it's a lot of fun and if you don't need to have a life then go ahead an play away, lol. Not meaning to insult anyone, i just found that it could be so fun that you'd wanna play it all the time. Sometimes i still get cravings to start again, like right now just talking about it. haha. especially on my new 24" oh god would that be amazing..oh well, mabe some time when i actually don't have responsiblities or a gf.

lol u make a good point. i don't have time right now for an mmorpg. work work work work. ugh

fall3n

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2006
wchong said:
lol u make a good point. i don't have time right now for an mmorpg. work work work work. ugh

yep, u bet. enjoy that 24" though, i love mine!

JGamer

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2006
fall3n, you have exactly the imac i want. Can you try a demo of call of duty 2 or something like that? or battlefield 2 if you're running windows? Is it fast???

i hope you can help me...

wchong

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
Miami, Fl
HOLY COW!!! i ordered my 24" imac yesterday and IT SHIPPED TODAY!!!

is there a difference between the machine being shipped from Shanghai China compared to the ones shipped from the US?

are there more faulty computers from china or what?

i'll post pics when i get it the oct 12!!!

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
Congratulations on the purchase of your new 24" iMac wchong. :)

I myself am debating whether to buy a new Mac now, or wait till after Leopard is released, and it just keeps getting harder to wait every day. :D :)

rfoap

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2005
wchong said:

I just ordered the same system yesterday as well! Mine says ships the 16th, arrives by 23rd too ... why hasn't mine shipped yet :(

orangezorki

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2006
wchong said:
HOLY COW!!! i ordered my 24" imac yesterday and IT SHIPPED TODAY!!!

is there a difference between the machine being shipped from Shanghai China compared to the ones shipped from the US?

are there more faulty computers from china or what?

i'll post pics when i get it the oct 12!!!

If it's BTO, then it usually gets shipped straight from the Factory - I think they are all assembled there, but the local country keeps a stock of the stock config for faster shipping (for you), and cheaper costs (for them).

David

MBHockey

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2003
Connecticut
You'll likely receive it MUCH earlier than when the original estimate says. I ordered my 24" on a Saturday (BTO 2.33/500gb/7600/2GB) and i had it 9:30 AM on that Thursday. It shipped from Shanghai. I love it, and i'm sure you will too!

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
MBHockey said:
You'll likely receive it MUCH earlier than when the original estimate says. I ordered my 24" on a Saturday (BTO 2.33/500gb/7600/2GB) and i had it 9:30 AM on that Thursday. It shipped from Shanghai. I love it, and i'm sure you will too!

Wow, that was quick shipping (especially for a BTO). :)

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
MBHockey said:
Yeah, and i chose the standard 5 day ground shipping since it was free. I was very impressed.

That makes it an even better deal since you did not spend any extra money for quicker shipping! :eek: :D

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
I ordered mine on Saturday morning and am already bored with waiting! They reckon it will ship by the 13th, so I'm in for a long couple of weeks of logging in to the Apple Store a few times a day to see where it is.

wchong

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
Miami, Fl
dmw007 said:
That makes it an even better deal since you did not spend any extra money for quicker shipping! :eek: :D

yea me too. i chose free shipping and i get it oct 12! how exciting. very fast. i mean, they better ship it fast for a machine that expensive :D

ripfrankwhite

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2005
I just got mine also. It shipped from Shanghai on the 6th and got here today at 9:45am. Very fast shipping. :D

rfoap

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2005
ascender said:
I ordered mine on Saturday morning and am already bored with waiting! They reckon it will ship by the 13th, so I'm in for a long couple of weeks of logging in to the Apple Store a few times a day to see where it is.

I'm curious to see when it actually ships ... if it ships today, then maybe mine will ship 4 days earlier too!

rfoap

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2005
ripfrankwhite said:
I just got mine also. It shipped from Shanghai on the 6th and got here today at 9:45am. Very fast shipping. :D

When did you order it ... and what were the specs?

ipoddin

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
Los Angeles
Shipping is always faster than you think. There is practically no need to pay for expedited shipping (at least for the US, don't know about rest of the world).

I ordered a customized iMac on a Thursday and it arrived in Los Angeles on the following Tuesday. That was standard "free" shipping that was supposed to take 2-4 business days to ship and then 5 more days to arrive.

orangezorki

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2006
ipoddin said:
Shipping is always faster than you think. There is practically no need to pay for expedited shipping (at least for the US, don't know about rest of the world).

In the rest of the world, it is needed, but not offered! Seriously, it takes nearly two weeks to get something in Europe if it has to be shipped from China.

David

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
orangezorki said:
In the rest of the world, it is needed, but not offered! Seriously, it takes nearly two weeks to get something in Europe if it has to be shipped from China.

David

I got my Bluetooth Mighty Mouse in 6 days, and my MacBook sleeve in 3 days.:confused:

wchong

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
Miami, Fl
Josias said:
I got my Bluetooth Mighty Mouse in 6 days, and my MacBook sleeve in 3 days.:confused:

crap i just found out that i'm leaving town this thursday without being able to see my new iMac. crap. i guess i'm celebrating sunday when i get back

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.