Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eric535g

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2005
I ordered Tiger from PC Mall about 2 weeks ago and wonder of wonders--it arrived today !!! Thursday, April 21st. I'm going to install it now...

Eric

DaveP

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2005
Wow! Insane, this is possible? Post some screenshots when you get it installed.

atari1356

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2004
Wow, already? I wonder if Apple legal is going to put the smack down on companies selling it early. :eek:

mfacey

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2004
Netherlands
Hmmm the site says you won't get it until the 29th just like the rest of the world. I don't think a reputable store like Macmall would put its relationship with Apple on the line over something stupid like that.

I'll believe it when I see it.

That being your first post doesn't make it any more believable either.

Blackheart

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2004
Seattle
Take pictures of the packaging etc.

I'm with mfacey... I won't believe it till I see it. Sorry, but I'll scrutinize something like this coming from someone with 1 post.

James Philp

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2005
Oxford/London
I'm happy for you but at the same time pissed!
I pre-ordered mine from Apple direct when it was announced, and I think I should get it first! I agree that other retailers should not be allowed to sell until 6pm, but kudos to apple for distributing the product to people so that at least most people who want a copy can get one on the day.
It's a compremise, and some people will always slip through the cracks!

Pismo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2002
NH
Why would anyone order a new product from PC/Mac Mall? I'd rather order it directly from the source. I'd probably get it faster ordering directly from Apple. Don't Apple resellers get their stock last after the Apple Retail stores?

I think eric535g is full of cr@p. We'll want pictures of the box, screen shots, build number, etc. He'll probably say that he doesn't have a digital camera or he'll take screen shots from other websites and post them as his own. I'll apologize if it's legit.

AmigoMac

macrumors 68020
Aug 5, 2003
l'Allemagne
Blackheart said:
Take pictures of the packaging etc.

I'm with mfacey... I won't believe it till I see it. Sorry, but I'll scrutinize something like this coming from someone with 1 post.

Ditto. I can imagine that the poster is already a MR member and want to piss everybody off... give me a break.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
AmigoMac said:
Ditto. I can imagine that the poster is already a MR member and want to piss everybody off... give me a break.
Doesn't seem to be an existing member...unless their IP has changed.

But yes, my BS meter is off the scale until I see pics of the packaging.

bull_sht_meter.gif

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
edesignuk said:
Doesn't seem to be an existing member...unless their IP has changed.

But yes, my BS meter is off the scale until I see pics of the packaging.

bull_sht_meter.gif

Agreed. I'm not from Missouri, but you'll have to show me to convince me.

And e, nice macro! I was jonesin' for a good macro...

James Philp

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2005
Oxford/London
edesignuk, you are great, i think I love you, if you were political minded I bet you'd be prime minister, you're better than god.... Oops! I've set it off too!
bull_sht_meter.gif

DXoverDY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2005
I don't think ANYONE has the actual legit copy yet. I seen another post on here about someone getting it in New Zealand but I don't believe that one either. People will be coming outta the wood work saying they have their copy but in reality it's the leaked copy they have that they downloaded from their favorite bit torrent site. Such is life, I have access to the stolen copy but no way to burn it, I figure I can wait 8 more days.

buryyourbrideau

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2005
Chicago
i dont understand why anyone would want to dl it from a bittorrent site or anything of the like...isnt getting something new really about the excitement and the anticipation waiting for it....if i came home today and had tiger...sure i would be all giddy and whatnot but i think it would just be cooler to be on here at late night when everyone has just installed it and just share all the joy with everyone on here.......just my 2 cents :D

feakbeak

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2003
Michigan
I would bet that several pre-order copies will arrive early on the 28th, maybe even the 27th, but no way would any arrive this early. I wouldn't even think Apple would have given resellers copies yet, but I'm not sure how their distribution system works, so I could be wrong.

The only people with legit copies would be close partners of Apple and they have NDAs and probably wouldn't want to bother posting on a board just for the sake of attention.

Plus the BS meter goes up a notch because if I had Tiger the first thing I would do is install it, not post to a board to show off. After it was installed and I'd played with the new features, then I might consider posting about it. :)

DXoverDY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2005
mkrishnan said:
Were it loose in New Zealand, I don't think Nermal would hold out on us! :D

Nermal was the one who claimed he got it. However I didn't see any box pics in his post. No offense I just don't believe he has it either.

asif786

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
DXoverDY said:
Nermal was the one who claimed he got it. However I didn't see any box pics in his post. No offense I just don't believe he has it either.

I think nermal showed a physical tiger manual in his post.

besides, from what i can see he is a fiarly well-known MR member. Why would he put that at risk?

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
DXoverDY said:

If Nermal says he has it, I'd believe him. Anyway, though, I missed his thread. Can anyone please linky me? I couldn't find it via search. :(

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Not only a mod, but a mod with the best avatar too, thus well-respected.

His Tiger installation was a bit buggy though. I'm sorta thinking he got a bad copy.
pirate.gif

DXoverDY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2005
mkrishnan said:
If Nermal says he has it, I'd believe him. Anyway, though, I missed his thread. Can anyone please linky me? I couldn't find it via search. :(

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/120997/

I see he did post a blury photo of the manual. Still not so sure i'm going to believe it but maybe that's just me being stubborn. Let's put it this way, why in the world would Apple make the 17 day delay if they are sending boxes to retailers already? It doesn't make sense. Ship the thing earlier then. I know supply might be shipped as they get it, but one would think just maybe they're just holding back to throw out hype, which in the end just irritates me because we've waited long enough, now Apple just delays it more. Pretty irritating.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.