Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jordansampson

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 15, 2006
edmonton
Hello, i bought a Mac Pro a few weeks ago but i wanted to get a cheep laptop to play around with in my appartment. I started bidding on ibooks on ebay. I wont this auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...90026374150&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

can anyone give me anymore information than :

"iBook Laptop!!

Used, running well and in very good condition. "

can it be upgraded? what are the specs? etc, thank you in advance.

So i just noticed im an idiot; one = won

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
The specs are in the title...800 MHz, 30 GB hard drive, 128 MB RAM, combo drive for reading/burning CDs and reading DVDs. The Q&A mentions that it has discs for 10.2 (Jaguar) and an AirPort card.

Is it upgradable? The iBooks aren't terribly easy to upgrade, but there are guides on iFixit that will show you how if you're interested. The RAM is easily upgradeable, and I would recommend popping in some more RAM (probably a 512 MB stick) to make it run more smoothly.

jordansampson

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 15, 2006
edmonton
thank you cowboy, I wasnt sure want combo was in referance too. I was only intrested in upgrading the ram. Do i have to use anyspecial ram or will my old pc laptop ram do?

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
jordansampson said:
Do i have to use anyspecial ram or will my old pc laptop ram do?

It depends on what kind of RAM you have and exactly which machine this is. From the pic in the auction, it looks to be the G3 800 version...someone else can correct me if I'm wrong. I believe that this iBook takes PC100 or PC133 RAM.

jordansampson

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 15, 2006
edmonton
i have an HP pavillion that died on me this year (thankgod). i had wanted a apple forever but coudltn justify it untill my laptop broke. So i treated myslef to a macpro. only ahve to wait liek 8 weeks for delivery:eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.