Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

animemaster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2002
I know! Geez, come on. I mean, how about a little originality. It's not a terrible looking site...obviously.... It's also a bit wordy, to say the least.

See their 17" laptop? Big and EXPENSIVE. For now on, send everyone there to show we're not that expensive. I guess the old saying, you get what you pay for goes out the window on this one.

-animemaster

animemaster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2002
I don't think anyone, so far, has said they were bad people. I will admit, there is some impressive technology, especially in their laptop area.

Now, for those monitors, they're WAAAAAAAY to expensive. Check this place out, this is all that this company does.

http://www.9xmedia.com/Pages/Products.html

They look nice though, but a tad on the expensive side.

-animemaster

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
Yeah, this was talked to death a while ago. They're basically just a company that takes every top-of-the-line dream part and puts it in one box, with a pricetag to match.

There's nothing they're claiming to do that's impossible (though a lot of it invoves massive overclocking), but they also don't make any of their own products, and the fact is even if they did ship anything I'd be skeptical about any company that drenches themselves in that much advertising hype.

You could probably the the OEM stuff (like their laptops or monitors) from somewhere else for less, anyway.

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
Well, I'll admit the laptop looks nice on their semi-stolen, uninspired website .. but Christ on a trike $6000???

What the hell've they been smoking?

And it's windows ..yuck (put Linux on it and maybe ...)

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
TechTV got ahold of one of their systems for a review.

They end up calling it a "boutique computer"; overpriced implementation of some cutting edge technology but not up-to-par on basic things (e.g. performance, interior ergonomics).

mms

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2003
CA
Ugly. Both the website and the computers. The moniters do look nice but waaay overpriced. Computers for rich idiots (like Bill Gates).

revenuee

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2003
Originally posted by io_burn
Ahh I was wondering when December's go-L.com post would spring up. ;)

It was only a matter of time

Search this topic in the forum and you'll find that we discussed this website to death a few months ago ... i even got in contact with them ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.