Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kay_Ess

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2022
Hi!

I have this slideshow in the top right of the home screen of my iPhone and I like that but sometimes it shows inappropriate stuff or photos I really want to keep but don’t want to be reminded off.

How can I prevent certain photos from appearing in the slideshow?

Thanks!

Bichon

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2019
From the library view of all your photos, press the "Select" button in the upper right corner. Tap the inappropriate photos to select them, then press the three dots and pick "hide". The pictures will no longer show in the library, and will stored in a special hidden folder that must be unlocked (e.g. with face-id) to view.

I don't use the slideshow widget, but am pretty sure that putting them in the hidden folder will keep them from appearing.

Kay_Ess

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2022
From the library view of all your photos, press the "Select" button in the upper right corner. Tap the inappropriate photos to select them, then press the three dots and pick "hide". The pictures will no longer show in the library, and will stored in a special hidden folder that must be unlocked (e.g. with face-id) to view.

I don't use the slideshow widget, but am pretty sure that putting them in the hidden folder will keep them from appearing.
Thank you very much!

The slideshow widget is really cool. I see you have a pic of a dog. Sometimes my phone makes a slideshow of my cat and even puts his name on it and adds some music. I like that a lot but my cat has died and I also have some pictures of his dead body and if I see those in the slideshows it makes me very sad. I guess my iPhone thinks he’s sleeping in them. Anyway I put them in a hidden folder so I still have them but hopefully I don’t accidentally see them anymore now.

Thanks again!

Reactions: Bichon

fatTribble

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
Thank you very much!

The slideshow widget is really cool. I see you have a pic of a dog. Sometimes my phone makes a slideshow of my cat and even puts his name on it and adds some music. I like that a lot but my cat has died and I also have some pictures of his dead body and if I see those in the slideshows it makes me very sad. I guess my iPhone thinks he’s sleeping in them. Anyway I put them in a hidden folder so I still have them but hopefully I don’t accidentally see them anymore now.

Thanks again!
For similar reasons, I often create an Album of the photos I want in a slideshow. It gives you complete control over what you see. You can also create Memories in a similar way.

Reactions: Kay_Ess
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.