Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
Anyone see Keira on the Daily Show a couple nights back? Here's the link.

She looked great, except for the enormous hair -- what was she thinking? Didn't make a complete fool of herself, although she's clearly completely unaware of world events.

Agent Smith

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2004
Toronto, ON
That's the only part of the Daily Show I don't like...interviews with pop stars. There are interviews with film and other sorts of celebrities that are done well, but I always cringe when the flavour of the day stars are interviewed.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
wordmunger said:
She looked great, except for the enormous hair -- what was she thinking? Didn't make a complete fool of herself, although she's clearly completely unaware of world events.

Even though she was wearing what looked to be 4" heels, she's taller than I expected. How tall is she?

Quick search found she was 5'-7", so the heels made her 5'-11", not that tall - it must be that Jon Stewart's really short :D

D

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
Mr. Anderson said:
Even though she was wearing what looked to be 4" heels, she's taller than I expected. How tall is she?

D

I don't know, but the other thing to remember is that John Stewart is much shorter than he looks.

Qoxiivi

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2005
London, UK
At just 20 or so, I think you can maybe excuse her for not knowing too much about world events, but the other guy...

"Why is everyone angry at us?"

It's because your country's so democratic and its citizens are so free...

Silencio

macrumors 68040
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
Yeah, I hope my girlfriend doesn't clue in to why that particular episode of The Daily Show is set to remain saved on the Tivo. :p

Yeah, Jon Stewart's interviews with celebs are usually pretty vapid. I thought he might have more interesting questions for Maggie Gyllenhal, who caught heat for some of her comments about 9/11, but noooooo...

OTOH, he is a great interviewer of politicians, serious analysts, and pundits. It was just priceless watching him totally shut down that neocon pleb, William Kristol. He even got Bill O'Reilly to **** for a while, too! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.