Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
I've just installed OS X Server on my 2nd HDD, after rebooting from the install my machine now gives a kernal panic straight away. What is the key combination to select a different boot volume at startup?

Thanks.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Update

Ok, now I'm really not happy, I've had an idea that I could boot from my norton disc to an OS9 enviroment, then change startup disk, but my main drive (with OS X.2.3 installed) isn't even seen!!! WTF is going on!?!?

Setup:
Primary Drive: 80Gb w/OS X 10.2.3
Slave Drive: 10Gb w/OS X Server 10.2.3

Any ideas? Pleeeeease!

timbloom

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2002
Hold down option when you are booting, it should give you a set of icons representing the selected boot systems on each partition you have. I hope this helps.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Originally posted by timbloom
Hold down option when you are booting, it should give you a set of icons representing the selected boot systems on each partition you have. I hope this helps.
THANK YOU! You saved my life...and my files! :)

timbloom

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2002
Originally posted by edesignuk
THANK YOU! You saved my life...and my files! :)

Good deal! That option-boot feature really comes in handy. Only works on a per-partition basis though. Can't switch between 9 and 10 on the same partition. (I use it a lot when testing beta OS seeds.)

Edit: and only works on New-World ROM machines.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.