keyboard imprint on screen!??!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by hasteveha, Jan 27, 2011.

1. macrumors member

I have been using my 13' mba since December, and noticed a keyboard imprint on the screen. It won't come off. Anyone else have this problem? Is there a way to get it fixed?

Thanks

2. macrumors 6502a

BlackMax

To prevent this I use an iKlear micro-chamois polishing cloth that fits the 13" MacBook keyboard I have perfectly. I place this cloth on top of my keyboard before traveling. You could get any micro-chamois polishing cloth and just cut it to size.

Works great to prevent further marks, but it probably will not remove the marks that are already there; although you could try some iKlear Apple polish to see if it helps at all.

3. macrumors 6502a

Psilocybin

shouldn't this be under warranty? I mean it shouldn't happen, seems like a defect to me.

4. macrumors 65816

Yeah - this shouldn't be happening, and you shouldn't have to pack a cloth in your laptop to keep it from happening. Are you carrying the laptop in a bag where it gets put under pressure?

I'd take it into an Apple Store and have them address it.

5. macrumors 6502a

BlackMax

I've seen this happen on a lot of different notebooks, not just MBs and MBPs. That is why as soon as I started carrying my current MB I placed a cloth in there. Even my old PB 12" had this problem.

With that said I am curious to see what Apple's response is if the OP decides to have Apple look at it.

6. macrumors regular

deedas

This is happening to me. At first I thought it was the pixels on the screen. Then more started happening. Now my screen is starting to look like I sneezed all over it. Quite horrible. I guess we'll have to see what Apple is willing to do about this. :(

7. macrumors 65816

8. macrumors regular

deedas

Yeah I have the scratch on the left. But not very noticeable. The screen though is a mess. In the right angle it looks like a grid of dots sprayed all over the screen.

9. macrumors newbie

Thanks for the tip. Will definitely have to do!

10. macrumors 6502a

Psilocybin

Can you get a picture of this imprint somehow? I'm curious to see what it looks like

11. macrumors member

jrtaylor6

Yes i would also like to seem pics if possible...

12. macrumors 6502a

13. macrumors member

I have key imprints on my screen on my Macbook2,1 (Late 2006). It isn't a big deal, but it probably won't help my resale value...

I'll try to get a pic to post...

14. macrumors 6502

I got permanent marks on a Dell XPS laptop from a silicon keyboard cover. It's definitely a bigger problem on the matte screens.

15. macrumors newbie

Are there cheaper alternatives? It seems pretty expensive for a piece of rag.

16. macrumors newbie

Thanks!

Thank you BlackMax, I was using the white tissue that came with it but it's getting torn up. This actually works like a charm and ensures the screen will be mark-free... Just ordered it off Amazon for $8, cheap insurance.

Thanks again -

17. macrumors 68030

panzer06

True, my first Powerbook had this problem and after that all my systems have had the little foam that came with the system in there.

Cheers,

18. macrumors regular

paper towel ?

19. macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I had this issue from a previous DELL laptop. For my MBA I use a folded out napkin or a sheet of 8.5x11" paper. It's perfect.