Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

play134

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2022
Hello!!

This morning, i was using my mac normally, when for a minute I went to clean the mouse ball, out of nowhere the keyboard and mouse stopped working.

when i turn on the mac, the keyboard lights blink normally but it doesn't recognize it.

Curious too, I can turn on the mac through the keyboard button, after that, nothing else works.

I also tried connecting the mouse directly to the mac, and it is not working.

I took the battery out of the PRAM but nothing happened.

Does anyone have any tips on how to resolve this?

Thanks a lot for the help

Reactions: lepidotós

play134

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2022
ADB or via USB card?
ADB..

I tested the Apple Bus pins, they are giving 5.0 ~ 5.8V, excluding gnd.

with the multimeter, in continuity scale, pins 3 and 4 beep with a low resistance (009) when the power supply is plugged into the motherboard. when I remove it, the resistance increases (~330) and the multimeter does not beep.

I also don't know if this is the best way to identify an error, I don't have much skill in electronics.

Screenshot - 060214 - 05_26_35.png

Last edited:

play134

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2022
Keyboard and mouse are in daisy chain right? Did you test mouse and keyboard as stand alone?
Exactly, nothing happens...

I couldn't find any documentation for the motherboard and psu.

Last edited:

play134

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2022
I was thinking that while I was using the keyboard and mouse i noticed that the mouse started to slow down, so I cleaned the ball thinking it was just dirt (it was really dirty). after that, the mouse drag got even worse. When I went to check the mouse it had already stopped working.

I suppose there is some problem in the adb circuit.

Last edited:

TzunamiOSX

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2009
Germany
I was thinking that while I was using the keyboard and mouse i noticed that the mouse started to slow down, so I cleaned the ball thinking it was just dirt (it was really dirty). after that, the mouse drag got even worse. When I went to check the mouse it had already stopped working.

I suppose there is some problem in the adb circuit.

Normally the mouse is slow, when connect it after system start. Perhaps a problem with the pins

play134

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2022
Normally the mouse is slow, when connect it after system start. Perhaps a problem with the pins
the pins are ok

now the motherboard is turning off by itself, sometimes the image appears distorted with the colors, crashing the machine. sometimes it restarts or shuts down out of nowhere. It's dying slowly and I don't know what it could be.

If anyone has electrical tips or the schematic of this board I would like to have it if possible. thank you for your feedback

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.