keyboard prints on screen...need help

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by macswitcha2, Feb 17, 2009.

1. macrumors 65816

As I was looking at my unibody Macbook, I noticed smudge prints from the keyboard on the screen. Is there anything that I can do to prevent this?

2. macrumors newbie

3. macrumors 6502a

walmart eyeglasses cleaner. right click on my username and look at my previous posts. i talk about it in many threads because it is applicable in many situations.

4. macrumors 65816

MooneyFlyer

5. macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

i hate it when people touch my scree:mad:n

6. thread starter macrumors 65816

Are there microfiber sheets in stores like Office Depot, Best Buy, Radio Shack, etc, etc?

I rather not order it if I can run to a store and buy this...

Thanks for the suggestion.

7. macrumors 65816

MooneyFlyer

I'm not sure. The thing I like about the Shaggymac (and the Radtech I guess though it is thicker) is that it exactly fits the width of the Macbook. Their custom sizing covers the keys and the wrist pad keeping the marks off the screen.

I would definitely consider spending the $20 (with shipping I believe) on one of these.

8. macrumors 6502

Am I right in saying that because the screen is now glass the keyprints won't stain the screen like they did on my old MB
    ?

9. macrumors 6502a

yes. exactly!

but some people have keyboards that physically touches the screen so they are worried about (over time) scratching the glass because they think the glass on the macbook is a "softer" glass than regular glass.

i don't know of any way to prove or disprove that without potentially damaging my glass screen, so i'll state what people have read.

I am using moshi's clearguard, which is leaving faint (but easily removable) marks on my screen. if i feel desparate, i might try taking an old t-shirt, wash it with very mild detergent, and then cut it out to make my own. then i'll spend the $20 on ice cream.

as for microfiber cloth availability

i've seen a large square piece of microfiber cloth for sale at best buy before, but this was about 4-5 years ago

you can try the optical department at walmart.

10. thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks everyone for your recommendations. Thanks for reminding me about the glass screen...forgot about that but I will get one just for the peace of mind.