Keyboard problem

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Grenville, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Grenville macrumors newbie

Moved to Sweden last year and decided to buy a Swedish keyboard. All was working fine with the three additional letters thay have in their alphabet and on the keyboard, but today they don't work! In fact many of the punctuation keys are giving the wrong results! Anyone know how I can rectify this?

2. mpw Guest

I've no idea, but have you specified a language in the System Preferences or just swapped the keyboards?

3. Grenville thread starter macrumors newbie

I just swapped keyboards. Can\t see what to do in the keyboard section of system preferences. Is there something I should change to use the new keyboard

4. mpw Guest

System Preferences > International > Input Method or something, not using my Mac here. Just have a look about in the preferences pane I'm sure there's a 'International' tab on the top row.

5. Grenville thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your replies...changed to all things Swedish in the International tab but still hasn't affected the keyboard error. Strange as it has worked up until today. Tried restarting but hasn't work.

6. Grenville thread starter macrumors newbie

Aaaa! Just solved it! In the input section of International there was a button I needed to untick to take away the English format. Thanks for your help.

7. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Could you maybe (by accident) have pressed option-command-space (possibly while reaching for the shortcut for Spotlight, command-space, or Quicksilver, ctrl-space) and thus selected the next input source, or something?