Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grenville

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2006
Moved to Sweden last year and decided to buy a Swedish keyboard. All was working fine with the three additional letters thay have in their alphabet and on the keyboard, but today they don't work! In fact many of the punctuation keys are giving the wrong results! Anyone know how I can rectify this?

Grenville

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2006
I've no idea, but have you specified a language in the System Preferences or just swapped the keyboards?

I just swapped keyboards. Can\t see what to do in the keyboard section of system preferences. Is there something I should change to use the new keyboard

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
I just swapped keyboards. Can\t see what to do in the keyboard section of system preferences. Is there something I should change to use the new keyboard

System Preferences > International > Input Method or something, not using my Mac here. Just have a look about in the preferences pane I'm sure there's a 'International' tab on the top row.

Grenville

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2006
System Preferences > International > Input Method or something, not using my Mac here. Just have a look about in the preferences pane I'm sure there's a 'International' tab on the top row.

Thanks for your replies...changed to all things Swedish in the International tab but still hasn't affected the keyboard error. Strange as it has worked up until today. Tried restarting but hasn't work.

Grenville

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2006
Thanks for your replies...changed to all things Swedish in the International tab but still hasn't affected the keyboard error. Strange as it has worked up until today. Tried restarting but hasn't work.

Aaaa! Just solved it! In the input section of International there was a button I needed to untick to take away the English format. Thanks for your help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.