Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lankox

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
I just noticed that the new caps lock indicator icon does not appear on my K3 Pro when it is in wired mode. In Bluetooth mode, it works perfectly. I am one of the few who like the caps lock icon indicator. Is there any way to get this working in wired mode? Thanks!

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Same here. No on-screen capslock indicator on my USB Keychron V1 keyboard. I have other Keychron keyboards, so I'll have to try them as well.

But it does correctly show the on-screen caplock icon with my Nuphy keyboard in both bluetooth and USB wired modes (typing on it now).

I wonder where the bug lies -- with Apple or with Keychron.

Might be worth submitting the feedback to Apple. Maybe it'll get fixed at some point.

Edit: Caplock icon also works correctly with my Yunzii AL-71 keyboard when connected by USB. I've got a crappy HP membrane keyboard buried in a box somewhere. I'll give that a try, too, if I can find it, along with my other Keychrons.

Edit 2: I sent feedback to Apple. Hopefully someone will see it.

Last edited:

lankox

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
Thanks for the info xraydoc. The capslock icon works for me when the keyboard is connected via USB but switched to Bluetooth mode. This is strange.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Thanks for the info xraydoc. The capslock icon works for me when the keyboard is connected via USB but switched to Bluetooth mode. This is strange.
Yeah, seems it's just impacting Keychron's USB connections.

My Nuphy Air96v2 is also a QMK-based keyboard, so it's not related to QMK in general. There must be something different about Keychron's firmware.

Edit 4/1/24: received my Nuphy Gem80 keyboard today. The on-screen capslock indicator works properly connected to USB-C (I have the USB-only model, so no wireless connectivity to test). So far it seems it's just the Keychron keyboards when connected via USB that's giving macOS some confusion about the indicator icon.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.