Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WCunha

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2007
Hello to everyone,
I am new to mac and I'm having hard time trying to figure this out. I have a "Kodak printer dock plus series 3" I download the driver from the kodak web site. Follow all the instructions for adding the driver. Then I go to the printer utilities to add the printer. Everything is fine until it looks for the driver. It doesn't find the driver and when I choose "other" from the drop down menu I can't seem to find it anywhere on my computer. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you, Wade

arcsbite

Jan 14, 2006
Not sure if this will help....but

I'm using a mbp and this is how I did it.
make sure you've got the most upto date driver installed (5.0.0b1) I uploaded it to my site here if you need it
http://www.simbaandmo.com/EKPrinterDriver-Mac_v5.0.0b1.dmg

I simply, installed it, then restarted. went to system pref > Print anf Fax > "+"
then instead of looking for the driver in the list I clicked "More Printers" on the drop down at the top scroll down to "Kodak Printers"

it should have series 3 in there, click Add

that's it, done!
that's all I did and I can print fine.
let me know how it goes.

WCunha

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2007
Thanks

Ok now I feel stupid! I didn't even think to look at "More Printers". Works great! One other thing how do I get it to transfer and set up blue tooth? I guess that is two things.

Thanks, Wade

WCunha

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2007
I figured out how to transfer the pictures but still can't get the bluetooth to work.

arcsbite

Jan 14, 2006
I figured out how to transfer the pictures but still can't get the bluetooth to work.

I didn't know you could lol
I know you need the separate wifi dongle for it for wireless printing.

I just read up on it and apparently yes you can send pics to it from your bluetooth phone via file transfer, but you can't print from your phone.

WCunha

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2007
Well after more fooling around with it. I found that you can send your photos to the dock if you go up to the bluetooth icon and click on send file.

Thanks again for your help. Being new to Mac I had no idea on what to look for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.