Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

srobert

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 7, 2002
Now that's what I call a nice invention ^_^

The international competition, which saw over 2,400 entries into 29 categories, and was won overall by a team of talented students from China. They are WeiWei He, Chuan Shi and Wen Ying Lu studying at Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design, who won with their excellent work for Dog Poo Spray in Product Design & Innovation, sponsored by British Aerosol Manufacturers' Association.

http://www.creativematch.co.uk/viewnews/?91254

Jokes aside, I seriouly think that these kids came up with a clever product.

Attachments

• dogpoospray.jpg
    dogpoospray.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 265

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
haha, that is pretty nifty. How did you find out about this? Is it going to be marketed comercially?

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
I am eating right now. When I read the thread title, I threw up a little bit in my mouth cause I have 2 dogs and I know how smelly dog poop can be.

Oh god! [clutches mouth]

srobert

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 7, 2002
I found about it in my boingboing.net RSS feed. ^_^

I would bet that this is going to be marketted, at least in China. These kids could be making a lot of money.

Lacero, laminate it and it won't smell as bad :D

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
How do you spray the bottom of the "pile?" How environmentally friendly is the spray coating?

A nice, creative idea, but maybe not so practical to implement.

OTOH, I can see a lot of "paperweights" being given as gifts next year for Christmas. :eek:

srobert

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 7, 2002
powermac666 said:
How do you spray the bottom of the "pile?"

I guess you do the top first, lift the stick, then do the bottom.

powermac666 said:
How environmentally friendly is the spray coating?

Not sure but I think they will use something safe:

Garrick Hamm, Creative Director, Williams Murray Hamm and D&AD Education Chairman adds, “I always hope to come away from student judging with the names of a couple of new, exciting creatives, or a killer idea to share with the rest of my studio – but nothing prepared me for dog ****! Not only was this a clever, environmentally useful idea but it was extremely well thought through and the execution was slicker than an Italian racing driver. If these creatives haven’t got jobs by the end of the summer, please send me an email…but I have a funny feeling they will be busy.”

Can't argue here ^_^

OTOH, I can see a lot of "paperweights" being given as gifts next year for Christmas. :eek:

A doodoo-on-a-stick paperweight? O_O

:D

EJBasile

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2004
Reminds me of that movie "Envy" with Jack Black and Ben Stiller:

Plot:
Ben Stiller and Jack Black star as Tim and Nick, best friends, neighbors and co-workers, whose equal footing is suddenly tripped up when one of Nick's harebrained get-rich-quick schemes actually succeeds: Vapoorizer, a spray that literally makes dog poop, or any other kind for that matter, evaporate into thin air -- to where exactly is anyone's guess. Tim, who had scoffed at Nick's idea and passed on an opportunity to get in on the deal, can only watch as Nick's fortune -- and Tim's own envy -- grow to equally outrageous proportions. When the flames of jealousy are fanned by an oddball drifter (Walken) who imposes himself into the situation, Tim's life careens wildly out of control ... taking Nick's with it.
(probably one of the stupidest movies I've ever seen)

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
**** on a stick, what will the kiddies think up next. :eek:

Though it is amazing the expense and lengths people will go through to avoid walking the dog and picking up the gifts left behind.

srobert

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 7, 2002
Sun Baked said:
**** on a stick, what will the kiddies think up next. :eek:

It's still a better idea than this "Brown Jelly Beans" dispenser ^_^:

Oinking good fun? Oh well.

Attachments

• jelly.jpg
    jelly.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 210

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Must be easier to stockpile containers of liquid nitrogen in China... :rolleyes:

From a dog owner's standpoint, this seems pretty ridiculous. Now, instead of carrying around just baggies, I need to carry around sticks, a liquid nitrogen dispenser, and baggies.

Maybe I'll just carry around a jar of shellac instead. I like a nice high-gloss finish on my dog poop.

Although the liquid nitrogen may work better on poop that isn't as, shall we say, well-formed... :eek:

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Lacero said:
I am eating right now. When I read the thread title, I threw up a little bit in my mouth cause I have 2 dogs and I know how smelly dog poop can be.

Oh god! [clutches mouth]

I'm sorry to hear that it caused you discomfort. Being a nurse this is no problem at all. Just a every day occurrence. I also pickup after our dogs at home. After drying the smell is almost gone.
;)

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
emw said:
...Although the liquid nitrogen may work better on poop that isn't as, shall we say, well-formed... :eek:

Thanks. Like I needed that mental picture. ;)

My goodness, just think what kind of trouble the kiddies could get up to with cans of liquid nitrogen lying around the house...

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
powermac666 said:

Nitrogen is lighter than butane and you need a very strong container to keep it under pressure (something like an oxygen container).

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
powermac666 said:
My goodness, just think what kind of trouble the kiddies could get up to with cans of liquid nitrogen lying around the house...
We used to freeze flies with freon.

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
That's not laminating at all... but I have laminated a few things that shouldn't have been in my days at Kinko's. You'd be amazed at how long a booger can get when heated and pressed through the rollers of a laminating machine...
:eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.