Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Figory

macrumors member
Original poster
May 17, 2004
Have just found my old Laserwriter 4/600PS printer, I have the lead to connect it to nmy G4 with a little Asantetalk box, but how to I get the soft ware so I can print??
Thank you

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Figory said:
Have just found my old Laserwriter 4/600PS printer, I have the lead to connect it to nmy G4 with a little Asantetalk box, but how to I get the soft ware so I can print??
Thank you
The software is already installed as part of the default installation of MacOS X. The LaserWriter 4/600PS is a PostScript printer. It uses Apple's PostScript driver, as does every other PostScript printer. You should select the correct PPD file. Use Printer Setup Utility to setup your printer. It can be found in Applications > Utilities. For Classic, I find that Apple's LaserWriter printer driver does not work with MacOS X 10.3. However, Adobe's Postscript driver works fine. It can be downloaded from Adobe's website. You use the Chooser to setup your printer in Classic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.