Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Liamcow

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 16, 2002
Hyannis, MA
oops, i guess the night is getting to me, i guess i'm waiting 3 hours, whoops

obeygiant: there are probably no PC rumor sites, macaddict put it best, something like: who cares if dell increased processor speed by 50MHz?:)

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
Re: PCs

Originally posted by obeygiant
hey. those of you with PCs. Why do you surf this forum?

And by the way, are there any PC rumor sites?

Black

Just because we own a PC doesn't mean that we can't prefer Macs over them, it usually means that we're on a budget. At least I am anywayz. And I'll still keep mine when I make the semi-switch. It's been good to me. I owe it that.

Over Achiever

macrumors 68000
Re: PCs

Originally posted by obeygiant
hey. those of you with PCs. Why do you surf this forum?

And by the way, are there any PC rumor sites?

rumor Cinema display iMac dual 1 gHz, surround sound speakers, in Black

I use macs at my university. I'm waiting for the best time to buy a pb...one that has 1 GHz and DDR...

I like macs, pure and simple. I own a 4 year old PC...haven't bought a comp in a while. The pb will be a worthwhile investment.

I dunno about pc rumor sites...never had a rumor that i wanted to happen. Things change in an reasonable fashion, sorta. No ground-breaking PCs out there. Also there's a variety to choose from.

As for apple, they only have a couple lines of pcs. And they come up with innovative things...more noticible and speculative...

kwajo.com

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
Bay of Fundy
well midnight passed over fifty minutes ago (hour and twenty in Newfoundland), and nothing has changed. All of you stayed up for nothing. *lol, just a little Maritime humour* anyway, I think something is up, because the apple store pages are screwed up, and I can't get clear updates on my order status

funkywhat2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 14, 2002
Originally posted by Over Achiever

I know it works...I was one of the first to try it. I'm just saying that prob spymac heard it was happening, and gave their explanation, which they claim they knew all along.

oh.....okay!:)

sorry if i got snippy.:)

Spike Spiegel

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2002
Massachusetts
By EST, i have 2 minutes and change until we find out. now its 1. baited breath doesnt go far enough to describe what im doing. I hope im not let down, that would suck and id be forced to by and existing model 933. less than one minute, all i have to do is hold out a bit longer. unless they wait until, like, 9 or 10 to announce it.

Over Achiever

macrumors 68000
lol....ya'll really think they'll release them by midnight in your time zone? Even if apple does update by midnight, i'll be their midnight in Cupertino. It'd be kinda stupid if its 10 pm in CA and they release new computers...

Are ya'll really staying up 'till then? Stupid question...of course ya'll is!

I'm not :(

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
I hope the Powermacs are released on the 24th, just so I can laugh at all you people arguing about whether they'll be released in 1 minute or 3 hours or at 9 o'clock in some time zone or other... :p

Over Achiever

macrumors 68000
Originally posted by Beej
I hope the Powermacs are released on the 24th, just so I can laugh at all you people arguing about whether they'll be released in 1 minute or 3 hours or at 9 o'clock in some time zone or other... ;p

lol, i'm not going to wait. I'm not even waiting at all...i'm looking for a powerbook...

You're right tho', it is funny. By the way, what time is it in da land down under? This thread must seem hilarious to you.

Over Achiever

macrumors 68000
Originally posted by Beej
Yeah it's funny :) It's 2:15 pm here :D

lol, 14:15! Funny how small the world is through the internet. Well, I'm not going to follow this thread anymore. So, Beej, while you're eating dinner, you can tell these folks that its the middle of the night where they are and...

...no powermacs.

Then again, if Apple does release them, you can tell them I'm a loser. And I shall be mocked...:D

But hey, it seems the rev to the powermacs are long time coming. I just think if its only to 1.25 GHz, that is not worth waiting to the middle of the night for.

Night!

MacMaster

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2002
1 1/2 hours remaining until 12AM!:D

Ok, I'm going outside to watch the metior shower now for 1 1/2 hours...:rolleyes:

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
I'm on an old(er) PC now. And I hate it.

Slow, crashes all the time. BSOD. Did all sorts of stuff to try to fix it. At least it didn't make it worse. Hand built a buncha PCs, sold or gave away most of them. I was gonna upgrade what I have, now I think I'll just get a better MoBo and CPU (still gotta keep a PC around for some stuff). Maybe AMD. I'm thinking of getting Win2000. WinXP SUX. My parents have it on their new Sony.

No Linux. No way. Nice OS, but, well... kind of a hassle sometimes. The Windows emulation doesn't always work, and I have these crappy PCs for compatibility (and the cheap hardware). Otherwise I'd just use VPC. And no, I don't play games.

I had several Macs too, but I haven't really spent too much on computer parts lately unless I had to. Just gave my Performa 6400 to my Mom (she's a teacher, she gonna use it at school or something with her PB G3). My stepfather likes the Sony. Whatever.

I was gonna get an iBook and/or a new Tower (if they're ever updated) for an audio/video project I was doing, but I lost funding. The economy, c'est la vie. Now I gotta get my crappy car fixed, and I'm moving too. So my saving are going to other things. Haven't done any web sites lately either.

Now I'm depressed. :(

Unless Apple comes out with GHz+, 120 GB, 64 MB TV-Out VC, DDR, etc. tower tomorrow for $999, I'll be waiting. I might get an eMac when I get settled in Tacoma, WA. Or a new iBook (1 GHZ, 60 GB, 32 MB VC, 512 MB Ram... wishful thinking). Or something used or refurb from Powermax. I love OS X. Esp. Jag-wire.

I still wanted a couple of those 200 GB Western Digital Hard Drives when they come out.

I didn't need to eat this month. ;)

demars

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2002
Santa Monica, CA
Ummm...I'm puzzled. Why do you guys think something is going to happen at midnight? When did Apple ever issue a press release at midnight? If there is an announcement about new PowerMacs on the 13th (which is highly likely) it will probably be released around 8 or 9 AM (PST), as usual.

Arcady

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2002
Lexington, KY
Originally posted by ericb88
wut kind of computers do you all have who are awake?

Here's my current collection of Macs:

PowerBook G4 500Mhz 512/20/DVD
iBook 600 384/20/Combo
iRack* 600 384/40/CD
iRack* 333 256/6/CD
Power Macintosh 9600 512/40/40/DVD/CD-RW (with G3/500 card)
Power Macintosh 8500 256/20/CD (with G3/350 card)
Power Macintosh 8500 128/4/CD (with G3/250 card)
Workgroup Server 8550 128/0 (being rebuilt)
PowerBook 3400c 36/2/CD
PowerBook Duo 2300c 36/1
PowerBook Duo 270c (unknown config)
PowerBook Duo 230 (unknown config)
Power Macintosh 6100/66 AV 36/4/CD
Quadra 660 AV 24/1/CD
Macintosh IIfx 32/1/CD
Macintosh SE/30 32/.5
Macintosh Plus 4/20mb
Macintosh 512ke
Macintosh 128

Also a whitebox PC with PIII/750 192/30/DVD/CD

I sold my graphite G4 in anticipation of new desktop models. We'll see if my collection gets any bigger soon...

*iRack = iMac in a 1U rack case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.