Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cicero76

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 23, 2008
All of the Apple apps that can go into full-screen appear to be able to be launched (started) into full screen. Is this an option for third party app developers? It appears that those third party apps that take advantage of the full-screen option can only be put into full-screen after the app is launched. Thanks!

DoghouseMike

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2011
UK
Don't know about anything else, but I have Omnifocus open 99% of the time, and it's always in full screen. Survives shutdowns, or even just quitting the app.
Same goes for Omnioutliner, but that's not open so much.

So yes, it's possible. I guess whatever configuration it was in when it quits is the one it reopens in, so if you quit it when it's full screen, when you launch it it'll be full screen

Cicero76

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 23, 2008
Interesting: I don't have any Omni apps, but any third party app (1Password, Evernote,etc) I have that I close while in full-screen does not survive shutdowns. They always return to a normal window size when opened again. So, I guess the takeaway is that it's possible, but developer specific. Thx DoghouseMike.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.