Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011

ok... now, how about wireless charging..... oh yeah.. Apple ain't up to par with Amazon yet......

Still looks good at a second best though. :) I think the Apple logo appeared on my 4s too :)

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
ok... now, how about wireless charging..... oh yeah.. Apple ain't up to par with Amazon yet......

Still looks good at a second best though. :) I think the Apple logo appeared on my 4s too :)

I was hoping the milled out area on the back might be for inductive charging, but knowing Apple, I doubt it.

linkgx1

macrumors 68000
Oct 12, 2011

What des this mean?

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011

Thinking they meant Nokia??

Yep, must be..

All results pointed to the Nokia Luna. I thought it was Android that also did it.

Then again... its not exactly wireless if its connected to a "dock" (simiraly to the universal dock you can get from Apple btw)

Only difference is there is no cable frm the phone... Hardly wireless as i physical connection is still needed underneath.

ledlauzis

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2011
localhost
I don't think Apple will release such phone because it will cause problems to developers to optimize apps for it. The most importantly - it looks like complete crap.
I love my iPhone 4S but I can't a point to make it longer instead of making it a bit wider.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
That home button does look strange. Hoping it's just the lighting...

I wonder if it's not an actual button, but a swipe / tap, gesture based replacement for the old one. The home button on both the phone and the ipad have needed a re-think for a long time now. It's one of the most common breaks on both devices...It looks like it's covered by glass in the image, but like you say, it could just be the light.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011

I wonder if it's not an actual button, but a swipe / tap, gesture based replacement for the old one. The home button on both the phone and the ipad have needed a re-think for a long time now. It's one of the most common breaks on both devices...It looks like it's covered by glass in the image, but like you say, it could just be the light.

I beg to differ... I quite like the Current Home button, where it it clickable.

If its a swipe/touch-sensitive.... It will be too east to 'accidently' go back to the Home screen by mistake..

This is also why i gave up tne old Samsung flip-phone, coz they were all too easy .

Although tap/touch is great, when its used properly, but in areas where it does't make sense, it can cause more frustration then ever.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.