Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DSchwartz88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 18, 2006
Hey guys,

I recieved my new macbook pro in the mail today, and only later this night noticed a distinct sound difference between the left and right speaker. The right speakers is crisp and clear, while the left one is washed out, and at time crackley. Has this happend to anyone else? Should i give apple a call? Are they going to send me a new one? Have me ship this one back? Ive just gotten it set up just how i like, but the speaker is majorly important to me. Any help would be appreciated

Daniel

msignor

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2007
I am having the same problem.

I figured out what the problem was apparently. The crackling is coming from the wireless card. Not sure but if you close your mac it goes into standby and the crackling goes away and comes right back on when you open it up again. However, if you disable the wireless it goes away. I'm not really sure what to do but it is kind of annoying. Wondering if I have my speakers to close to the computer. Will try and get some extension cables for my speakers. Let me know if you figured something out about this yet.

msignor

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2007
It's the 15in 3rd generation macbook pro. I am using those $50 altec lansing speakers w/ subwoofer. they sound great really affordable quick solution. anyways, I'm not sure why this would be affecting the left speaker. what's weird is I think I had the speakers switched around on each others side and the left was still making that noise and I tried to move them to the end on each side of my desk with minimal results. For some reason it just affects the left speaker. hope that helps. happy new year.

lauph

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2007
30 mins from Cupertino
Hey try this:

Set the MBP's volume to at least 3 squares from the max, and then volume control on the altecs. That solved my crackling problems on my ATP3

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
^ It's not somthing silly like the balance is wrong is it ?

system preferences / sound
output tab / set balance to center

:eek:

msignor

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2007
i wish

nah, nothing like that. I moved them even further away I got some speaker cables to spread the speakers out further. seems to be doing better. minimal intteruptions if any from my mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.