Legal Notice to Purchasers of Certain Apple PowerBook or iBook Computers

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by OrangeSVTguy, May 26, 2008.

1. macrumors 601

Sep 16, 2007
    Northeastern Ohio
    Just got this in an email. I don't know where or how someone got my email address. Possibly someone off this site?

2. macrumors demi-god

Aug 17, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    Could be if you ordered it from Apple, as part of the settlement Apple handed over contact information of customers.

I bought a spare unit from CompUSA (and then took it back as I ended up not needing it) and I have never been contacted about this suit.
  3. macrumors 6502

Jul 24, 2007
    Got the same email to the email address I setup to use only with my purchases of apple products and itunes.

That email address has never gotten any spam, nor has it ever gotten any email other than emails from Apple.

I vaguely remember this suit, but I am not part of it, so I never followed up on it.
  4. macrumors 6502

Jan 26, 2006
    I got it too.

I was under the impression they got my email address when I returned my PB battery during the whole return-your-battery-or-it-will-explode fiasco. Unless they sent it out to everyone with an email on iTunes.
  5. macrumors 65816

Sep 17, 2007
    My mom got this too. I actually found this thread via a google search for the subject line of the email she got. I guess as long as they aren't asking for any personal info or bank info, I'll tell her to go ahead.
  6. Administrator emeritus

Jan 15, 2006
    The Kop
    I'd be wary, check the headers to confirm where it came from and be very suspicious about giving out any details.

This sounds like something apple could confirm to you if you phoned them up.
  7. macrumors G5

Sun Baked

May 19, 2002