Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

myscrnnm

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
C3049554-6721-4A22-9F69-78A9756653FC.jpeg

My space exploration corner. Unfortunately I haven’t had a chance to build the Space Shuttle Discovery as I still need to figure out where I’d put it.😬

myscrnnm

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
1F33DD11-D70B-447C-A219-5602ABE7D8D4.jpeg

LEGO Stores are currently doing a brick built 2x2 brick to celebrate the company’s 90th anniversary. Here it is next to another of my big LEGO pieces.

Reactions: CooperBox

Blue Quark

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2020
Probabilistic
I've not built this yet, so it's just a picture of the box, but when DPD delivered this on Thursday, it was like being transported back to Christmas Day in 1979 - I felt like a 7-year-old again!

View attachment 2042521
I still have all the Lego sets I got as a kid, which among other things includes the two blue-and-gray ships that are similar to this one, and a white one which has an aft-end cargo area. Not gonna lie... this kind of makes me wanna go get it and build some more legos. Sadly, I have nowhere really to keep them when they're built. But every once in a while I love to build them and also the three different lunar base stations (including the one with the tram in front of it)...

Blue Quark

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2020
Probabilistic
I know its been a while since you asked, but it wasn't answered. That guy isn't an official master builder, but he is a "famous" builder. If you go to the LEGO shows, you might see him there. He (and Bender!) was at Brickworld Chicago 2014. I didn't make it this year to see if he was there.

Edit: Here is his Flickr feed: https://www.flickr.com/photos/brickfrenzy/

He definitely was at Brickworld 2015 -- I saw that Tesla logo/charger in the tour video made by Beyond the Brick.
They need to title themselves as "Two Clueless Dudes". Seriously. It was obvious they had no idea (especially the one) what was going on. Didn't know what year 9/11 happened in? FFS. Didn't pick up on the many sci-fi references, or Ghostbusters, no real clue about Battlestar Galactica. Like, y'know, if you're going to do a video about things featured by people using Legos, you should at least know what the heck it is that's being featured.

Silencio

macrumors 68040
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
I really want that new Galaxy Explorer! Looks fantastic. That's the stuff I grew up on.

Have to thrown in a Benny-style SPACESHIP! SPACESHIP! SPACESHIP!

Reactions: ericwn

Crazy Badger

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2008
Scotland
I got this about 3-4 months ago for my daughter's birthday next week! She loves Back to the Future, and we already have the smaller cuusoo version.

Cuusoo Delorean.jpg

It was really hard to pick up as it seemed to go out of stock the minute they sent the e-mail to say it was in stock!

Ingster

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2007
Leeds, UK
Finally finished my Lunar Lander, going to go nicely with my Saturn V and ISS.

REALLY need the Space Shuttle Discovery set.

Shopping List (for when I have cash)

Nano Gauntlet so I have a full pair of infinity gloves!!
Galaxy Explorer, to park up next to my original GE set and Benny's Spaceship
Optimus Prime just because!!
and of course the I am groot set

CooperBox

macrumors 68000
Personaly I'm not into Lego but thought the following may interest a number of Lego fans here.
About 4 years ago I attended an exhibition in SW France for flight enthusiasts and was amazed to see a flight instructor (also a very enthusiastic Lego fan) who had constructed a fully functional Airbus A320 simulator consul and accessories from.......LEGO. This particularly interested me as I'd spent many years on the the Airbus A320 prototype, pre-prod series and assisted in the delivery of numerous A320/A320/A319 examples to airlines the world over.

I took a few photos at the time, probably still stored on a hard drive which I'm no longer able to access, but found THIS during a recent internet search. An amazing project!

A320FltSim LEGO.jpg

I won't readily forget the occasion because during our meeting I mentioned I was a keen AppleMac collector. He then asked if I'd be interested in an iBook G3 Clamshell. You bet I was! We made a deal, I collected it the following week and it still forms part of my collection.

ClamBlue.jpg

IBook6.JPG

Someone mentioned earlier that their wife had put a ban on them purchasing any more Lego. My wife has almost done the same - but with vintage Macs. I say almost as I'm still able to sneak home the occasional iBook or 12" G4 PowerBook without her knowing, and one more or one less she'd never notice! ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: ericwn

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
This room is my recreation room; pool table, dart board, cooler for drinks.
It’s next to my home theater room.

Due to redoing the front screen / other lot of my Legos went into that rec room.

Christmas 2023 my college son and friends hanging out … and …. This pod racer got ran into.
In a box now, of course I threw out the build manual, found the pdf online.
A future task.
ed520693335463d00eab6d1ff6bda5f6.jpg

Yea, that empty spot between the enterprise and falcon is where it goes.
31bee488fb6fa3de7471c74b9381e796.jpg

8c97a46cdf227ad172aa6bcb8be73e87.jpg

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.