Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iVoid

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
Well, I did a clean install of Leopard on my PowerMac G5 and most of my main apps are working with minimal issues.

Only BIG app that I really need to be working is EyeTV 2.5 and my two tuners (EyeTV 500 and EyeTV Hybrid).

It starts up okay, reads my old EyeTV archive okay (I also tried with a new clean archive), allows me to scan for channels (so it can see and talk to the tuners), and playback old recordings.

What it doesn't do is allow me to open a live window or record anything. It gives and error -5000 when it first starts and tries to open the live window. EYeTV app also won't quit without a force quit.

Any ideas?

iShak

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2006
I've got 10.5 and eyetv 2.5 and I have no problems with watching/recording/encoding/streaming over wi-fi ..... try re-installing eyetv software. (got Elgato Hybrid)

iVoid

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
What kind of MAc do you have?

I've tried reinstalling 2.5 and even 2.0. Both after clearing out all the eyetv stuff from /library

iVoid

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
Fixed it.

I had booted into 10.4 last night to record madtv and sat nite live. When I watched them under Leopard, I couldn't delete them (got the -5000 error). I had forgotten to give my Leopard user read/write rights to the EyeTV folder I had setup at the root of my 10.4 volume.

Glad it was a simple fix (wish I had figured it out earlier, though). :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.