Let's spread some rumors...

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by T-Stex, Feb 3, 2006.

  1. macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2006
    Location:
    Pennsylvania
    #1
    ...about the other sizes of the MacBook Pro. I'd love to see a 13.3" widescreen version come out with Merom and comparable (or better) specs to the current MacBook Pro. Any thoughts on the possibility of this and a potential timeframe? I just cancelled my order for the 15" MacBook Pro, and need some new Merom/MacBook Pro rumors to feed my Apple Addiction.
     
  2. macrumors 6502

    jhero

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2005
    Location:
    Not near an Apple Store
    #2
    dream on my friend
     
  3. thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2006
    Location:
    Pennsylvania
    #3
    Yeah, I'm not holding my breath for anything. I'm just hoping that something gets announced in the next couple of weeks.

    I don't know if this is just wishful thinking or not, but I'd think that Apple wouldn't want to keep selling the 12" and 17" PowerBooks for too much longer while the MacBook Pro is out.
     
  4. macrumors G4

    Chundles

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2005
    #4
    End of March:

    13.3" MacBook
    New Displays
    iPod stuff

    WWDC:

    13.3" MacBook Pro Merom
    15.4" MacBook Pro Merom
    17.0" MacBook Pro Merom
    Final Cut Studio Update

    Special Pro Event:

    ProMac Conroe or Woodcrest
    MacServer Woodcrest
    Aperture updates

    That's what I reckon anyway.
     
  5. macrumors 68000

    iEdd

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2005
    Location:
    Australia
    #5
    Yeah I think Chundles has it about right. There will probably be another size of macbook, whether it be 11.2" or 12". They might add mini DVI to the macbooks and HDMI (possibly) to the pros. The pros might even have FW800 back again as a reason to go for one over a standard model.
     
  6. macrumors P6

    ~Shard~

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2003
    Location:
    1123.6536.5321
    #6
    I'm guessing there will be 17" MacBook Pro, however it will be interesting to see if Apple uses the Merom in it at WWDC, or releases it earlier with the performance edition of the Yonah.
     
  7. thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2006
    Location:
    Pennsylvania
    #7
    That'd work for me. I'm hoping that I'll be able to wait until the summer, and be able to pick up a 13.3" MBP. All rumors aside, I think the next few months are going to be pretty exciting for Apple fans.
     
  8. macrumors P6

    ~Shard~

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2003
    Location:
    1123.6536.5321
    #8
    I'd expand that to say that 2006 will be pretty exciting for Apple fans. :cool:
     
  9. thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2006
    Location:
    Pennsylvania
    #9
    Amen.
     
  10. EGT
    macrumors 68000

    EGT

    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2003
    #10

    Now, That'd be sweet. :cool:

    13.3" Macbook Pro ... *drool*.
     
  11. thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2006
    Location:
    Pennsylvania
    #11
    Yeah, I'd love it if Apple made that. I love my 15" PowerBook, but would love something just a litte smaller for portability.
     
  12. macrumors 6502a

    hyperpasta

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2005
    Location:
    New Jersey
    #12
    That sounds good, except Final Cut Studio will be at NABB as it always it, not WWDC.
     
  13. macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 16, 2005
    Location:
    Utrecht, The Netherlands
    #13
    I wouldn't be too surprised if at least the 13.3" MBP would come out sooner than that... But MacBooks come first (March-April?). I just wish that the MacBook would be Core Duo... OR that the MBP 13.3 comes out around the same time. Here's to wishful thinking.
     
  14. macrumors P6

    ~Shard~

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2003
    Location:
    1123.6536.5321
    #14
    Nah, righty or wrongly, I see Apple sticking the Core Solo into the new iBooks, for "product differentation" if nothing else. The only other way I could see them handling things would eb to upgrade the MacBok Pros (already, which isn't bloody likely) to the performance edition of the Core Duos, and put the existing Core Duos in the iBook. But like I said, that's not gonna happen...
     
  15. macrumors 68020

    Dreadnought

    Joined:
    Jul 22, 2002
    Location:
    Almere, The Netherlands
    #15
    WOEHOEEEEEE, new displays!! I'm waiting to get one!!
     
  16. macrumors P6

    ~Shard~

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2003
    Location:
    1123.6536.5321
    #16
    Unfortunately, Conroe will be released before Merom, with Merom being delayed into 2007 now. If Apple is planning on augmenting the MacBoko Pro line like that, they'll proably end up using the performance edition of the Yonah.
     
  17. thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2006
    Location:
    Pennsylvania
    #17
    Yeah, there goes my plan of holding off and waiting for Merom. I'm still just hoping a 13.3" version gets released. I'd love to see the 13.3" version in a black aluminum finish.
     
  18. macrumors P6

    ~Shard~

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2003
    Location:
    1123.6536.5321
    #18
    I'm not sure about the black aluminum, but the 13.3" screen is likely IMO.
     
  19. macrumors 601

    generik

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2005
    Location:
    Minitrue
    #19
    Actually I was quietly hoping that a form factor change is in the wings.. at least that's what happened the last time with the Ti -> Al transition.

    Certainly won't want to miss out if I buy now :D

    But if it turns out that the current MBP is all that's to be expected of Apple, then as soon as the 12" and 17" ones come out, I'll probably stick with the 15" :(
     
  20. macrumors 601

    generik

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2005
    Location:
    Minitrue
    #20
    Merom has been pushed back (By [strikethrough]Intel[/strikethrough]Moron :p)

    So you'd be in for a long wait.
     
  21. macrumors member

    hikingnclimbing

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2006
    Location:
    Gorham, ME
    #21
    Smaller is better...

    I'd love to see them come out with a smaller format macbook. 11.2" would be awesome. I love the portability of my 12", but something even smaller would be really nice. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll hold my breath. I doubt that they'd go smaller than 12" and I'm more inclined to think that they'd go with the 13.3" that I've heard rumors of. :(
     
  22. macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 16, 2005
    Location:
    Utrecht, The Netherlands
    #22
    any guesses as to when?
     
  23. macrumors G4

    Mord

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2003
    Location:
    Old York
    #23
    i know 100% that the 17" macbook was in beta stage at MWSF, it'll be a tuesday announcement in a few weeks.
     
  24. macrumors P6

    ~Shard~

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2003
    Location:
    1123.6536.5321
    #24
    I'd say in the next couple of months, but that's just my opinion....
     
  25. macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 16, 2005
    Location:
    Utrecht, The Netherlands
    #25
    It happens to be an opinion I can live with :D Just so long as "couple of months" means 'April/May' ... I could settle for June, I suppose.
     

Share This Page