Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Man it seems like the V20 is quiet around these parts. Still debating about picking one up.
I have one and I like it a lot. It is a big phone but that is some of the appeal of it. The battery life is a BIG surprise to me I consistently get over 6 hours SOT. Very nice phone!

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
I have one and I like it a lot. It is a big phone but that is some of the appeal of it. The battery life is a BIG surprise to me I consistently get over 6 hours SOT. Very nice phone!

Sup man long time. I just been rocking with my S7 Edge and 7+ but I am seriously thinking about adding the v20 to my arsenal. Plus I need it for my YouTube channel. The LG interface always turned me off but I am hearing that most of the lag and heavy skin over android is minimal this time around.

Reactions: jamezr

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Sup man long time. I just been rocking with my S7 Edge and 7+ but I am seriously thinking about adding the v20 to my arsenal. Plus I need it for my YouTube channel. The LG interface always turned me off but I am hearing that most of the lag and heavy skin over android is minimal this time around.
I haven't had any lag on the V20 so far. I use Nova so I don't deal with the LG skin too much.
All in all it is a very nice phone I would recommend it to anyone :)

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
I haven't had any lag on the V20 so far. I use Nova so I don't deal with the LG skin too much.
All in all it is a very nice phone I would recommend it to anyone :)

Hearing you say that makes me feel pretty good about it. I have one or order at AT&T I just haven't went and picked it up yet. Lol

Reactions: jamezr

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009

I don't have any experience with previous LG phones. But I can tell you, the V20 is smooth as butter. The skin looks and feels very light, while still having enough features and customization.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Write back and let us know how you like it :)
Will do. It's gonna be hard to set my 7+ aside for awhile but I need some android love on my life every once in awhile.
[doublepost=1478611404][/doublepost]
I don't have any experience with previous LG phones. But I can tell you, the V20 is smooth as butter. The skin looks and feels very light, while still having enough features and customization.

Yeah I read your whole write up on it. Nice job, definitely cleared up some concerns about the device. Sometimes I miss that 1440p screen when using my 7+. My S7 Edge just sits in the house and I never use it besides shooting YouTube videos but I feel once I get this V20 it will become my main shooter.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Got it! Plan to unbox and give my first impressions on my YouTube channel later this evening hopefully. Pretty excited about it.
IMG_0662.JPG

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Thanks guys I really appreciate it. Quick question. Is it just me or does the fingerprint scanner work better on the V20 than the iPhone? I find myself having to wipe my iPhones off sometimes where this V20 has worked every single time.

M5RahuL

macrumors 68040
Aug 1, 2009
TeXaS
Thanks guys I really appreciate it. Quick question. Is it just me or does the fingerprint scanner work better on the V20 than the iPhone? I find myself having to wipe my iPhones off sometimes where this V20 has worked every single time.

The V20's is quicker.. I also love the *knock on* feature!! Heck, the whole device is smooth..no lag! way faster than the Note 7 !

Great device, audio thru my Sennheiser HD 650 and HD 800 is a-m-a-z-i-n-g !! Finally, don't need an amp attached with those cans!

Battery is wow.. Beats the pants off of the Note 7 (RIP :( )

Will check out your video once I'm done from work!!

Reactions: scott craft and MRU

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009

It not just you. You can even slide your finger across at a natural pace it and unlocks 100% of the time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.