Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sonic04GT

macrumors regular
May 15, 2011
South Florida
Wow so much hate...

But I have to agree with you on those ass kissers on facebook, they praise this case like god, I wonder if they are getting paid to post nice stuff. One folk even said he tried everything to scratch the screen and wasn't able to. What really?

BTW the delay was something expected, for a case marketed with such perfection "everything proof, best case ever etc bs" I doubt it perform as expected. Even dedicated waterproof camera have high failure rate, I can't see why this 2-parts-snap-case won't.

I have had my Canon underwater camera for a couple years now with zero issues, and it's been down to over 100 feet :) It's an SD780 in an OEM housing. :cool:

canamera

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2009
This company is run by sleazy, lying pieces of trash. They promise date after date for shipping times. Each one passes with a new excuse. They did ship out some cases only to a few ass kissers on facebook, but clearly this new delay is because their cases are failing the water submersion test and now they're scrambling to buy more time.

Be prepared for those June dates to come and go, just like the April promises, just like the May promises... rinse, repeat.
You definitely have issues!!!maybe anger management would be recommended!! No one is forcing you to order, cancel it, give your spot to someone who does want it, and wait til they're available in stores for purchase, it's as easy as that!!! You haven't lost anything in the process, so stop your bitching and move on already!!! You come over hear and post this trash behind your little user name to all your groupies is pathetic!! Why don't you copy what you said here on their facebook page, I'd love to see people's reactions!!!
Wow so much hate...

But I have to agree with you on those ass kissers on facebook, they praise this case like god, I wonder if they are getting paid to post nice stuff. One folk even said he tried everything to scratch the screen and wasn't able to. What really?

BTW the delay was something expected, for a case marketed with such perfection "everything proof, best case ever etc bs" I doubt it perform as expected. Even dedicated waterproof camera have high failure rate, I can't see why this 2-parts-snap-case won't.
Real classy of you....******** on the people that speak well of the company....I wonder if what you say here is also what you say there....or are you also one of the ass kissers??? Your problem with them is that now they have a free case to keep them happy, and your sucking your thumb!!!don't you feel stupid now....probably kicking yourself in the ass for not being a little nicer on their page aren't you buddy??
This is vaporware. The Facebook fanboys are a joke. If it doesn't ship soon, I'll be filing a paypal claim.

like I said before, if you think it's vaporware, then cancel your order!!!

I just don't understand how come you guys come over here behind your hidden identities talking all this crap, but none of you have cancelled your orders yet!! And on their Facebook page your all probably the ones kissing ass. I'm also willing to bet that by your attitudes, that none of you were part of the 25 that got a free case, and now your feeling stupid, and saying to yourselves: "if only I had known they were going to give out free cases, I would have also kissed ass"!!!!

Do yourselves all a favor, and just cancel your orders so that the people that do want them get them sooner!!!! But behind all this ******** talk, your all dying for one also, and aren't willing to risk the fact that the case might just be that good....

Michaelneo

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2011
This is vaporware. The Facebook fanboys are a joke. If it doesn't ship soon, I'll be filing a paypal claim.

The FaceBook fanboys are actually LifeProof staff lol. We caught them out on it. They have several staff members with 4 or 5 fake FB profiles each and they are constantly spamming FaceBook and YouTube with positive and glowing comments to push negative ones down.

We also saw one guy post on their FB page complaining about how he wanted a refund and was told he couldn`t get one. When he pushed the point, he got an email saying that he can send them back for a refund.....so he has to wait for something that hasn`t been made, then pay twice for oversesa postage to get his refund?
They deleted his post. He reposted it, and they deleted it again. This company is an absolute con.

Then a girl posted a YouTube on one she had to review, really annoyed coz it was garbage. They made her take it down lol.

And regarding Canamera`s post above....MANY people have tried to cancel their orders and CAN`T. Several people have posted complaints on FB and they have been removed. So, what is your position at LifeProof? ;-)

Last edited:

asianfox666

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2011
what is PREORDER!!!! >< mean ?

Originally I was told shipment would be free, then they change it to cost coz i`m not in US and the cost for shipping is crazy... $10~$12 for EACH one, even they come in same box lol I got an email from `support` finally agreeing to cancel my order. But but if I check my account, the order is still current. I really can`t wait anymore, just can this company do one thing it has promised for once
I ordered 7 of these for my friends also coz I work for :apple:, and have been making excuse for 4 months and they are angry at me .....:(

Michaelneo

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2011
I have just spoken to a Business Lawyer, and he says that a Court of Law would absolutely class this as a Ponzi Scam.

canamera

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

You guys are all a bunch of crying little girls that don't know anything about anything!!!

To the guy that said, their all LifeProof employees, and were all caught....your a lying peice of scum, that's talking **** over here to all your friends just to look good!! You haven't tried canceling it, otherwise it would have been all over their page, and no one as mentioned anything....

Now, I could care less about everyone's issues.... Cancel your Fricken orders, and stop the crying already!!! Even my 4 year old is already starting to get anoyed!!!

canamera

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2009
I have just spoken to a Business Lawyer, and he says that a Court of Law would absolutely class this as a Ponzi Scam.

Hahaha, your lawyer is probably my milk man....come on buddy, do you even personally know any lawyers???

jbromer

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MD, USA

I call BS on that statement. This has absolutely nothing to do with a Ponzi scheme. Your "business lawyer" needs to review.

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
I agree with all that this could be a super case. I am just surprised that they dared go for full water submersion rather than splash resistant. This is really a thin case to go for water submersion (at lease compared to any other submersion case I have had for cameras or other electronics).

Of course they do have their warranty statement right on the front page, including "LifeProof warranty does not, under any circumstance, cover the replacement or cost of any electronic device or personal property inside or outside of the case. "

I would still by the case for great dust and wet-hands resistance. Just would be wary of swimming with it!

canamera

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2009
I'm far from being a fanboy but some of the accusations in here are pretty funny.

These accusations are expected though, especially from a bunch of school graders that probably still live at home, and have mommy pack their lunches in a brown paper bag!!!

This is what todays day and age has come to though....their all sitting at home in their moms basement apartments feeling all safe to say as they wish!!!!

Get a life!!!

pelotonjon

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2011
Order cancelled. *If* this case ever comes to market, and there are some positive reviews, I'll reorder.

Helmsy67

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2011
Well I'm no "business lawyer" but i honestly believe this case is legit. First off look how many videos are on youtube about the case and how to install it and test it. Second if this was in the world of LOST my friend Sawyer would call this a "long con". They consistently update their facebook and I just can't believe every single positive comment ever made about this case and this company is staged. There is always delays on any new products and i would rather them do more testing than send out a faulty product. That's just my 2 cents. But by all means keep the negative comments coming. It's very amusing.

Sonic04GT

macrumors regular
May 15, 2011
South Florida
Well I'm no "business lawyer" but i honestly believe this case is legit. First off look how many videos are on youtube about the case and how to install it and test it. Second if this was in the world of LOST my friend Sawyer would call this a "long con". They consistently update their facebook and I just can't believe every single positive comment ever made about this case and this company is staged. There is always delays on any new products and i would rather them do more testing than send out a faulty product. That's just my 2 cents. But by all means keep the negative comments coming. It's very amusing.
I'll agree. I highly doubt it is a scam, but it is indeed very frustrating and I'm sure they will lose many customers because of it.

Won't look good having BBB complaints before they really even get on their feet, if people decide to push it that far.

iamthekiller

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2010
The case is obviously real. Stop debating. They're real people getting real cases. They're not employees.

What's also real and what you should be more concerned about is the seriously flawed design which has caused them to ship about 45 cases so far instead of the planned 1,000+ by this point. The next iphone will be out before these cases ever have a chance to make any kind of sales impact. Other case manufacturers has little to worry about.

The supporters' comments on facebook..... oh my. I've never seen such blind, lemming-like behavior for such a bumbling company.

Also note that the BBB is a joke. Complaints with them are meaningless. The BBB offers A+ ratings to companies in exchange for $$$. I've been contacted by them in the past. Stop trusting the BBB. They're completely irrelevant.

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati

No you did not and you know it, you may heard that from someone posing as a lawyer.

A Ponzi scheme is a fraudulent investment operation that pays returns to separate investors, not from any actual profit earned by the organization, but from their own money or money paid by subsequent investors. The Ponzi scheme usually entices new investors by offering returns other investments cannot guarantee, in the form of short-term returns that are either abnormally high or unusually consistent. The perpetuation of the returns that a Ponzi scheme advertises and pays requires an ever-increasing flow of money from investors to keep the scheme going.

Helmsy67

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2011
I'll agree. I highly doubt it is a scam, but it is indeed very frustrating and I'm sure they will lose many customers because of it.

Won't look good having BBB complaints before they really even get on their feet, if people decide to push it that far.

Yes definitely it is frustrating and I think they will lose customers but I'm am hoping that the awesomeness of they case once I get it will make me forget my frustration.

canamera

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2009
The case is obviously real. Stop debating. They're real people getting real cases. They're not employees.

What's also real and what you should be more concerned about is the seriously flawed design which has caused them to ship about 45 cases so far instead of the planned 1,000+ by this point. The next iphone will be out before these cases ever have a chance to make any kind of sales impact. Other case manufacturers has little to worry about.

The supporters' comments on facebook..... oh my. I've never seen such blind, lemming-like behavior for such a bumbling company.

Also note that the BBB is a joke. Complaints with them are meaningless. The BBB offers A+ ratings to companies in exchange for $$$. I've been contacted by them in the past. Stop trusting the BBB. They're completely irrelevant.
You sir, seem to know as much about anything as my 4years old son....when he's sleeping!!!

So a young company has delayed their product, and that makes it flawed??? What about when Apple delayed their White iPhone for almost a year!!! A BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY!!! Did I say it loud enough for you, or would you like me to repeat it?? Or Otterbox having to give out free holsters for their Defender series for the 3G/3GS, because customers phones wouldn't stay in the holster!!! Maybe we should sit down with a pen and paper, and go through all the companies that have had problems with products, or delays...

Not to mention that I had to wait a while for the Defender Series for the iPhone 4....this from an established company!!

maliu

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2010
I for one will be waiting for my Lifeproof case, I preordered and because there's nothing else out there like it I can be patient. What ive seen of it so far is incredible. Remember the wait is so they know they are shipping a case that will do everything they say it does. It would be economic suicide for a new company to put out a case that was anything less than they say it is and if the delay is due to quality testing I'm cool with that. They are currently testing EACH case under water to 10 feet to ensure no leaks, they aren't doing that just for fun.

mrbunglez

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2010
I for one will be waiting for my Lifeproof case, I preordered and because there's nothing else out there like it I can be patient. What ive seen of it so far is incredible. Remember the wait is so they know they are shipping a case that will do everything they say it does. It would be economic suicide for a new company to put out a case that was anything less than they say it is and if the delay is due to quality testing I'm cool with that. They are currently testing EACH case under water to 10 feet to ensure no leaks, they aren't doing that just for fun.

If they paid me,shoot I'd do it for fun!

scutts

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2010
/canamera You, sir, need to calm down a bit.. you really start sounding like an employee.

iamthekiller

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2010
canamera.. just don't let your "4 years old" read how you rage on the internet. relax. you are going to pop a blood vessel.

people have watermarks inside the screen protector now even after thorough cleaning, according to their facebook page. this is too funny.

no need to create stupid wordpress pages on shipping statuses.. just read their facebook page.

iamthekiller

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2010
speaking of their facebook page.. i can't get over the comments of people showering with their phone. put the god damn phone down for five minutes and take a shower. if you're standing there looking at your phone in the shower, you're wasting water. could you imagine calling somebody and they answer from inside the shower? i'd never talk to them again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.