Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iamthekiller

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2010
I dided orderededed the case. Delay after delay after delay after delay, still no case. I'm just not as die-hard about it as you. I could not care less if you leave.

vedranius

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2011
I dided orderededed the case. Delay after delay after delay after delay, still no case. I'm just not as die-hard about it as you. I could not care less if you leave.

Cool... Then wait for it to come and you'll see that everything we said
is true ;)
As I said many many times, I don't mind waiting, if LifeProof needs time
To ship all cases then be it...
I now they are doing their job really hard, and they are doing everything they can to get us all LifeProof'ed!
I'm not the fanboy as you m8 think I'm... I came on some forum long time ago, was searching for the really good case for iPhone 4 and then someone wrote about LP, so I momentaly told that I must have it, cos I seen all cases for iPhone, and they are all bulky, not convinient for use and kinda ugly.
I almost bought Griffin Survivor, but I stopped when I saw LP.
And that's my story how I got being a fan of LifeProof case... ;)

vedranius

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2011
Okay, his posts are even more irrelevant and useless then if he doesn't have a production version of the case.

Ty!!!! Then just skip them! You don't have to read them! It's forum for god sake... Gz
I just started with my videos, and after that you all started troling about the thing I do... Can you all explain me why?!?!?
I stated in my post, video, FaceBook that the case is the gift, and that I won't review it yet ;)
So plz, iamthekiller, calm down a little bit, and leave us to post what we think is right, you arent admin, mod or anything like that, just a newbie like me on this forum...
I wanted to share good things about the case on this forum, so I tried, and what I got?! Rude trolling about how my posts are useless and irrelevant.
Must say that I don't get it... Is that normal on MacRumors forum, or?
As I can read, the name of forum isnt MacTrolls, so...

LifeProof

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2011
There's another post on their facebook wall about the call recipient hearing the person with the lifeproof iphone as sounding like they're in a tunnel or having echo.

So much about this-proof, that-proof.... call quality conveniently ignored.

Can anybody use the mic recorder with the lifeproof case on, and post the audio?

LifeProof is designed to be sleek/beautiful while being fully functional and protective with no tradeoffs. If you are having issues with basic phone call functions then you might have a 'lemon'. If you are experiencing any of these issue please email us at support@lifeproof.com and we will take care of you!

LifeProof

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2011
Received my lifeproof case in the mail today, order # was 1637 and it shipped to FPO in Japan. Tested it with a paper towel in the case submerged in water for around 2 hours with weight on top of it to ensure it stayed fully submerged. Talked on the phone with my wife who said she could hear me just fine, played some music through the speaker, and as another posted stated it sounds slightly like the sound is coming out of the back. The speaker does sound slightly lowered, but it still works loud enough. I already own a waterproof iPod, so I won't be using this to swim with, but I am out on the ocean in boats almost everyday or in the ocean and it will be nice to know that my phone will survive going with me.

Glad to hear you are you LifeProof'd! LifeProof is designed to turn the whole backside of the device into a speaker so that is what you are hearing. We are working hard to get everyone LifeProof'd!

mrbunglez

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2010
This case rocks! I opened it up did the water test without phone, finished that then stuck my phone in and immediately tested it in the water...one word... FLAWLESS!
The screen takes getting used to and the volume buttons are a little stiff other than that theres nothing really to complain about.

All I can say is this thing rules bye bye otterbox!

psyduckiee

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2008
I really don't think you can compare this with Otterbox Defender. If the lifeproof takes a major drop it will show on the case. When compared to the Defender, the damage will not show because of the silicone outer. It may be a better case than the Defender on some levels but you cannot compare it in every aspect especially aesthetics after a few drops, price, included accessories and etc. Btw, lifeproof sucks ass because of their constant delays and setbacks. They are a crappy company that needs to learn how to ship and produce cases correctly. They keep on "expecting" some random date every week.

gokart mozart

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2011
When compared to the Defender, the damage will not show because of the silicone outer. It may be a better case than the Defender on some levels but you cannot compare it in every aspect especially aesthetics after a few drops....

K, so I'm no fan of this case that appears to be vaporware at the moment, but are you really insinuating that the Defender is a an aesthetically pleasing case? Its hideous. I'd rather have a battle scarred lifeproof, if it actually ships and is legit. Not to mention that vaunted silicon material of the Defender. It sags and tears around the ports. It attracts lint. And its got the dimensions of a brick, which makes it impossible to pocket. I still don't understand why they haven't gone on to TPU yet. The lifeproof, it it ever ships, would be a huge improvement over those hideous defenders. Both in form and function.

Sonic04GT

macrumors regular
May 15, 2011
South Florida
K, so I'm no fan of this case that appears to be vaporware at the moment, but are you really insinuating that the Defender is a an aesthetically pleasing case? Its hideous. I'd rather have a battle scarred lifeproof, if it actually ships and is legit. Not to mention that vaunted silicon material of the Defender. It sags and tears around the ports. It attracts lint. And its got the dimensions of a brick, which makes it impossible to pocket. I still don't understand why they haven't gone on to TPU yet. The lifeproof, it it ever ships, would be a huge improvement over those hideous defenders. Both in form and function.

Lol are people really still calling this vaporware? I'm admiring how it looks on my phone right now.

PUNISHER80

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2007
Just an update for those still waiting on their case, used mine all day today to make calls to multiple people and not one person could tell any difference between before the LifeProof case and after. I have an otter box defender as well, and the LifeProof case is much, much easier to use for day to day usage. It goes into and out of the pocket much better, is a much slimmer design, and is overall better looking in my opinion. I do not post on here much, so what I say probably doesn't mean much to some on here, but I can tell you that this case is real, it is shipping, and LifeProof is a decent company to do business with. From what I can tell, LifeProof is a very new company and with that comes issues that they may or may not have anticipated or been prepared to deal with. I think once they have all production issues smoothed out and are able to provide their product in stores and online immediately they will be getting glowing reviews about their cases.

Maria Robinson

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2011
Nice style in fact different from regular cases.....came to know about these in this particular thread....will surely go for it, if i"ll have iPhone 1 day...:D

iamthekiller

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2010
I've got vedr anus on my ignore list.. much better.

People living under a rock are the only ones calling it vaporware.

It's just a flawed case with audio issues, from a company that pushes delay after delay due to a water leak issue affecting a ton of cases.

mrbunglez

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2010
1 little bit of advice do not dunk it in water in front of a 3 yr old otherwise you'll find all your electronics in the tub.

bigsexyy81

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
1 little bit of advice do not dunk it in water in front of a 3 yr old otherwise you'll find all your electronics in the tub.
So what you're saying is you have dunked it in water and in the tub and it has come out of both of those just fine?

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
Anyone try returning their case? Company seems pretty shady when it comes to returning an item. I've sent them 4 emails in the past two weeks and I haven't gotten a single response from any of them.

iamthekiller

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2010
Anyone try returning their case? Company seems pretty shady when it comes to returning an item. I've sent them 4 emails in the past two weeks and I haven't gotten a single response from any of them.

Post that on facebook and the fangirls will reply with..
giv dem a chance der a new companyyyyyy!!!!!!
be patient!!
u put it on ronggggg!

What's wrong with it though?

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
Post that on facebook and the fangirls will reply with..
giv dem a chance der a new companyyyyyy!!!!!!
be patient!!
u put it on ronggggg!

What's wrong with it though?

Quite possible :D Nothing really wrong with it. I'm just not feeling it as my go to case is all. Considering all the lil' itty bitty things you need to do when putting the case on AND the potential for disaster should you not, I don't think it's worth the hassle IMO. That and the little things with the case like the buttons being hard to push in, the sound coming out the back of the case, etc, just doesn't jive well with me. Nice case but not for me.

psyduckiee

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2008
Quite possible :D Nothing really wrong with it. I'm just not feeling it as my go to case is all. Considering all the lil' itty bitty things you need to do when putting the case on AND the potential for disaster should you not, I don't think it's worth the hassle IMO. That and the little things with the case like the buttons being hard to push in, the sound coming out the back of the case, etc, just doesn't jive well with me. Nice case but not for me.
I'll buy it from you if you don't like it. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.