Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

groggy2333

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2014
So wait, the fre is like the old cases right? I mean it has the built in screen protector with the rainbow effect possiblity?

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
Lifeproof and mophie must have interns designing their product.
The iphone 6S will be out soon.

rpearlberg

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2010
My experience with BNH pre-orders not good they don't necessarily get the products first. They are only trying to lock your sale in which is very smart.

I can always cancel or return it if I get it somewhere else first...

I currently use the New Trent Alixo 6s to hold me over...but thinking of trying the Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro.

badger91

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
I can always cancel or return it if I get it somewhere else first...

I currently use the New Trent Alixo 6s to hold me over...but thinking of trying the Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro.

I'm considering the Unicorn Beetle Pro also. It has great reviews and seems decently slim. I've been using a Tough Armor and I don't feel safe with it.

rpearlberg

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2010
I'm considering the Unicorn Beetle Pro also. It has great reviews and seems decently slim. I've been using a Tough Armor and I don't feel safe with it.

I like the New Trent Alixo 6s, but I also don't feel like it offers a ton of protection...mainly because my toddler likes to play on my phone.

Just ordered the Unicorn Beetle Pro, with free one day shipping.

Last edited:

groggy2333

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2014
My experience with BNH pre-orders not good they don't necessarily get the products first. They are only trying to lock your sale in which is very smart.

I can always cancel my pre-orders as well. No big deal. Rather have it secure than loose my spot. ;)

yondertwins392

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2014
Sweeeet! Just ordered mine. I figure I can cancel at anytime before thanksgiving if it comes out sooner or at a cheaper price. I wonder if they'll release it on black friday with a big discount?

Trebuin

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2008
Central Cali
I wonder how the Nuud version will be...I tried the fre in the past as was really disappointed with the screen and the buzzing.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
You must know exactly what it's like do design a working product, do you?

Why yes I do thank you for asking.
3d scanning and CAD are wonderful tools.
We have designed components for robots end effectors in days.
Interns by the way are a huge asset. They are full of creativity and can bring a whole new level of ingenuity to the table.

There are many cases on the market, many at the time of the release of the 6 and 6+.
I have seen 2 battery packs for the 6, one I am currently using and for $25 it's been great. Groupon had another 3100mah case battery for the 6 for $35.

On the other 6 is an otterbox. This case arrived on the Tuesday after the 6 went on sale.

Mophie has been relatively slow to getting new product to the market place. Since the release of the 6, I get at least an email a week peddling an external battery pack. If you read their facebook page there are many customers wanting the battery case. People are willing to pay $100+ for such a case.

groggy2333

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2014
Hate to bust everyones bubble but I just got this response from LifeProof about pre-orders. It looks like the pre-orders on BHPhotoVideo are fake.

Notes from Richard:

The iPhone 6 Plus Nuud cases are not available for pre-order. However, you can follow this link to sign yourself up for an email notification when they are available.
http://www.lifeproof.com/shop/us_en/iphone-6-plus/iphone-6-plus-case-nuud/

What the? So the pre-orders that I have placed is for nothing? It's fake?

myMacRumors

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2010

Attachments

• LifeProof iPhone 6.JPG
    LifeProof iPhone 6.JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 152

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
Apple really should work with the bigger case companies. I know they're all about the big secret, but honestly what's the point. We all saw what the iPhone 6 would be months in advance.

The point is Apple doesn't want potential iPhone buyers to hold out buying the current model because they think a new version is coming soon. I mean most educated consumers will wait, but there's still a lot of iPhones sold the month or so before a new iPhone release.

wendimc

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2014
Some people here advised to buy knockoffs at fleemarkets or place orders from anywhere other than the lifeproof website. I would not do that. I had this case for my 5S and used it for it's waterproof quality. Took it to a friends pool a few times to take underwater photos of each other. Your iPhone is too expensive to risk getting a product that does not work and damages your phone. Just hang in there a bit and let them create a quality product. I rather have them take a bit longer and come out with a quality product than rush an inferior product to market.

AppleTech22

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2010
US
I do agree that we should give them the time they need to make a good product, however I know they could probably set a date and resolve a lot of confusion.

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
I do agree that we should give them the time they need to make a good product, however I know they could probably set a date and resolve a lot of confusion.

I think setting a date is kind of a catch-22. I don't have any direct experience, but from watching a number of kickstarter campaigns it seems like it's pretty easy for unexpected issues to come up and cause delays. Hopefully a more established company like Lifeproof would be able to predict a date a bit more accurately than a startup, but even so, if they set a date and miss it I think they would have a lot more negative publicity than just not setting a date. The alternative would be setting a date that's so far out they have a bit of breathing room for delays, but if the date is too far out then people may give up on them and go and buy something else instead.

I hate waiting too, but I can definitely understand why they don't set a date.

groggy2333

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2014
So I called Lifeproof a couple days ago and talked to "richard"? Anyway, he told me that the cases have hit a snag and are on delay and probably won't be out till January of next year at the earliest for the iPhone 6 and March for iPhone 6+... UGHHH

temna

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2008
I can't help but wonder if the "snag" they ran into is their new overlords at Otterbox. I don't think they were this slow with the iPhone 5 cases. But since then they got bought out, so maybe their bosses at Otterbox have taken some of their case designing talent away from them? Or maybe they quit because they started Lifeproof because they hated Otterbox? Who knows, but the delays are just stupid considering they had the cases out for the Motorola Droid Turbo like the same day or maybe the next..

carreragt7

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
Who knows, but the delays are just stupid considering they had the cases out for the Motorola Droid Turbo like the same day or maybe the next..

The reason for the stark difference between development time is most likely due to Apple not releasing their designs to case manufacturers ahead of launch, whereas I'm sure Motorola does.

Thanks for mentioning that the Turbo had a case option though, I didn't realize Lifeproof had branched out from the iDevices and Galaxy models. Good for them!

Now Lifeproof needs to get their turbos spooled up a bit more and get the 6/6+ cases out. My wife's 6+ can't sleep at night knowing her history with every single other phone she has owned meeting their unfortunate demise in watery graves...

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
Wow - if it is March for 6 plus, why even release it. Might as well wait for the 6s. Looks like Otterbox has potentially ruined Lifeprooof.

So I called Lifeproof a couple days ago and talked to "richard"? Anyway, he told me that the cases have hit a snag and are on delay and probably won't be out till January of next year at the earliest for the iPhone 6 and March for iPhone 6+... UGHHH

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.