Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Slartibart

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2020
as long as Adobe does not state something, “asymptotically towards zero” comes to my mind... “minuscule” at best <- that’s for “chances”. I actually doubt that they spend any developer resources on this. YMMV.

antibolo

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2017
LrC is a legacy product, they’re not gonna port it to anywhere it isn’t already.

And the whole point of remaking Lightroom was to make it more tablet friendly.

Reactions: Kal Madda

Jonr515

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 11, 2017
Midwest!
LrC is a legacy product, they’re not gonna port it to anywhere it isn’t already.

And the whole point of remaking Lightroom was to make it more tablet friendly.
That all makes sense. I mostly use LRC for photo management and organization. I wonder what their next move will be for that? I'm guessing more costly/larger cloud storage.

antibolo

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2017
That all makes sense. I mostly use LRC for photo management and organization. I wonder what their next move will be for that? I'm guessing more costly/larger cloud storage.
LrC is living on borrowed time, I expect them to kill it eventually, once their usage metrics show that a low enough proportion of their users still haven’t switched over.

(Much to my displeasure, as I think New Lightroom sucks.)

uniquexoxo

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2018
South East Asia
honestly with Adobe moving to creative cloud was move just to earn more money 🥲 I was completely happy with my Ligthroom classic and Photoshop CS

antibolo

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2017
honestly with Adobe moving to creative cloud was move just to earn more money 🥲 I was completely happy with my Ligthroom classic and Photoshop CS
Lightroom had already been on Creative Cloud for many years before the Classic rebrand. Those two events aren’t related.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.