Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

atari1356

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 27, 2004
Linotype has released the 1.0 version of their font management program for OS X called "FontExplorer X".

It's my favorite font management program by far (they've had beta versions out for some time now), and best of all it's free.

If you have a lot of fonts and want a nice way to organize them, try it out. :)

http://www.linotype.com/fontexplorerX

(and no, I don't work for them, I just really like this program :D)

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
I'll give it a try once I get my PowerBook back and I flatten it and give it a fresh install, hopefully it'll work properly now... because before it was an absolute ****ing nightmare.

technocoy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2002
Raleigh, NC
FontExplorer kicks the !@#$ out of suitcase and fontreserve....

I would never go back... the fonts activate nearly instantly and the scrolling through many fonts is butter smooth.

LOVE IT.

Foxglove9

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2006
New York City
Any other experiences? I'm a Suitcase 10 user and really don't find it to be great. I work with hundreds of fonts for different jobs and it crashes often.

radiantm3

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2005
San Jose, CA
Foxglove9 said:
Any other experiences? I'm a Suitcase 10 user and really don't find it to be great. I work with hundreds of fonts for different jobs and it crashes often.

Suitcase is a horrible app. I went from suitecase 10 to Font Agent Pro, and finally to FontExplorerX. Definitely the best font manager in my book.

Foxglove9

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2006
New York City
Thanks for the tip! I just upgraded to Tiger and installed FontexplorerX and so far it seems fantastic! Haven't used it too much yet but so far I give it thumbs up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.