Linotype FontExplorer X 1.0 released (and it's free)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by atari1356, Mar 14, 2006.

1. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

Linotype has released the 1.0 version of their font management program for OS X called "FontExplorer X".

It's my favorite font management program by far (they've had beta versions out for some time now), and best of all it's free.

If you have a lot of fonts and want a nice way to organize them, try it out. :)

http://www.linotype.com/fontexplorerX

(and no, I don't work for them, I just really like this program :D)

2. iGav macrumors G3

I'll give it a try once I get my PowerBook back and I flatten it and give it a fresh install, hopefully it'll work properly now... because before it was an absolute ****ing nightmare.

3. technocoy macrumors 6502a

technocoy

FontExplorer kicks the !@#$ out of suitcase and fontreserve....

I would never go back... the fonts activate nearly instantly and the scrolling through many fonts is butter smooth.

LOVE IT.

4. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

Any other experiences? I'm a Suitcase 10 user and really don't find it to be great. I work with hundreds of fonts for different jobs and it crashes often.

5. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Cool, thanks for the link! I've been looking for a good replacement for Font Reserve.

6. radiantm3 macrumors 65816

radiantm3

Suitcase is a horrible app. I went from suitecase 10 to Font Agent Pro, and finally to FontExplorerX. Definitely the best font manager in my book.

7. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

Thanks for the tip! I just upgraded to Tiger and installed FontexplorerX and so far it seems fantastic! Haven't used it too much yet but so far I give it thumbs up.