Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Samsumac

macrumors regular
May 18, 2011
Take a tour of Lion using an updated MB Air?? yes please..
At this point it makes sense that these two will be released in tandem.:)

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Don't you think Apple could even release it today at 10 AM Cupertino Time? :confused:
Since everything seems already to be set...:rolleyes:

Not likely. The focus today is on the earnings release at 1:30PM Pacific time and the analyst call from 2:00-3:00PM. Perhaps after that, they will announce the availability of Lion.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
I wonder how the process will be for those of us who got our newest Macs on July 6th and beyond.

If it'll be a quick process where you just enter your serial or similar, or if it'll be something that takes back and forth.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
I've already advised my mother NOT to download and install Lion tomorrow. First, let's see if Apple's servers can handle this, or if this is MobileMe II. Also, wait a few days to see if various incompatibilities (Office 2008 components, drivers, etc.) are patched, or if some unexpected ones come up.

That said, I'll probably be adopting Lion fairly early.

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
Apple should be selling "Lion cards" in their retail stores that is exactly $29 and is simply a voucher for the App Store that starts the Lion download.

Marketing-wise, it just makes more sense than telling people to buy themselves a giftcard.

Apple already do this.

4371211.jpg

lion_gift_card_dixons-500x373.jpg

thatisme

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2010
United States
Has anyone looked at the Macbook Air pics on the banner? It appears that they might be the new version. Look at the screens... they appear (at least to me) to be wider than the keyboard nearest the hinge. This could imply that the screen size has increased on the new laptops.

Looking at Apples website, the pictures of the Air show the current gen screens are the same width as the keyboard.

Detlev

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2003
This may sound petty but my new customized machine just showed up two days ago from Apple. Do I get special pricing or a free upgrade?

Does anyone know how upgrading several machines will work? Do I have to purchase one for each or one multi-machine license?

acidfast7

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2008
EU
I guess they must be charging tax at the time of card purchase because a card that only covers cost of the OS ($29) won't cover it all off the app store.

VAT, at least in Europe, is included in the advertised price. It will be 29.99€.

applefan289

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
USA
Has anyone looked at the Macbook Air pics on the banner? It appears that they might be the new version. Look at the screens... they appear (at least to me) to be wider than the keyboard nearest the hinge. This could imply that the screen size has increased on the new laptops.

Looking at Apples website, the pictures of the Air show the current gen screens are the same width as the keyboard.

Interesting observation, but logically speaking, I don't think the new Macbook Airs will have bigger screens. Just better processors, Thunderbolt, backlit keyboard, etc. But you never know.

Bellyann77

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2011
GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME :D

Got my MBP all ready for a clean start

Sorry I am new to this....I have been reading this forum for a while but never posted......when you say your MBP is all ready to go....is there something I need to know about this install.....Should I be backing up something more than just timemachine? I also want Lion as soon as it is out but now thinking I should wait to see what happens

AAPLaday

Aug 6, 2008
Manchester UK
This may sound petty but my new customized machine just showed up two days ago from Apple. Do I get special pricing or a free upgrade?

Does anyone know how upgrading several machines will work? Do I have to purchase one for each or one multi-machine license?

You get a free upgrade for your new mac

kyjaotkb

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2009
London, UK

Not likely.
Looking at Apple's website, the screen is already a tad wider than keyboard.
http://storeimages.apple.com/1865/s.../US/Images/macbook-air/img/gallery-big-05.jpg

BillyBobBongo

macrumors 68030
Jun 21, 2007
On The Interweb Thingy!
Sorry I am new to this....I have been reading this forum for a while but never posted......when you say your MBP is all ready to go....is there something I need to know about this install.....Should I be backing up something more than just timemachine? I also want Lion as soon as it is out but now thinking I should wait to see what happens

Some people like to start fresh when a new OS comes out. It is not necessary but some still prefer to do it (myself included). As long as you're up to date on your current installation of Snow Leopard then you too are all ready to upgrade.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.