Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

petsounds

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Sloppy bug on iTunes (12.0.1) when using Dark Mode. Script Menu is black-on-black.

itunes_script_yosemite_bug.png

nefan65

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2009
Mail

Mail App and Exchange still stinks. New message comes in, and if you click on it, and it shows "Loading..." then the fan kicks in and stays on forever, and the message won't open. I can go to my iPhone or iPad and the message is fine; can open it, and reply, etc.

Decided to delete and recreate the account. Reopened mail, and all of the messages are there, except for today's. Did a Sync and waited an hour, nothing.

Pretty much garbage IMO. I think the last time Mail was any good with Exchange support was Leopard. Since then it's been a dismal death spiral. If they don't want to support it, then don't. Do it right or get rid of it. What I don't get is that it works great on iOS...?

Last edited:

BobD2

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2008
Massachusetts
I must say I hated the new Safari interface--too iOS like. And the elimination of the Favorites bar is a deal breaker. Chrome and FireFox are calling me...

Does "View --> Show Favorites Bar" not work for you? Worked for me. Or are you referring to something else?

wansmaak

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2014
I can't even check which one's are working, as I can only access the apps in my dock. Finder isn't listing any apps (and cannot open other maps like library or my docs too). Does anyone have a solution?

border terrier

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2013
England
Having problems with Mail which crashes or hangs requiring a force quit when emailing large files.

Also Printworks is now very unstable and restarts itself whenever it wants.

Also had a mac meltdown after a restart when the OS failed to load. Had to install of the reboot partition and reinstall Yosemite again. Seems OK now though apart from the app crashes which continue.

aliensporebomb

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2005
Minneapolis, MN, USA, Urth
Sigh

Broken apps:

iPhoto 9.6 but only when importing Nikon .NEF raw files. It causes the app to seemingly crash and then scrambles the gui so that even trying to restart Finder won't fix, I often have to reboot.

However, it seems to work fine with JPEG files.

Attached is an iPhone shot of what happens to the gui if you try to read the .NEF's once they auto-import into iPhoto.

Attachments

• IMG_6290.JPG
    IMG_6290.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 151

joejoejoe

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2006
Can we please make this a wiki and attempt to have a consolidated list in the first post of what apps are broken?

Right now this thread is a mess. Ranging from dp1 to the current public release. Tons of information and zero organization.

Is there a separate thread on which apps are broken in the current public release?

VMukhtarov

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2013
UA
Every year we see the same problem - super slow development, starting after public release, not months before it.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
I depend on Aperture, Photoshop and Illustrator CS3.

I know my Adobe CS3 is old but it's worked well for me all these years and you can no longer buy a license and I can't justify a recurring monthly charge.

Will these apps work on Yosemite?

FYI: I jumped off the cliff and it worked. You'll be promoted to install a legacy Java but after that, CS3 works perfectly.

Partron22

macrumors 68030
Apr 13, 2011
Yes
Translation Widget no longer works, can't connect to server.
There's no replacement in Notification center. No way to translate Russian/Chinese etc. wo going through a website any more.

joedec

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2014
Cupertino
Translation Widget no longer works, can't connect to server.
There's no replacement in Notification center. No way to translate Russian/Chinese etc. wo going through a website any more.

Works ok here.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-21 at 7.29.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-21 at 7.29.12 PM.png
    72.7 KB · Views: 1,137

osplo

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2008
FinderPop 2.5.7 works

I just got confirmation from the developer that the little gem that is Finder Pop 2.5.7 works OK on Yosemite.

I can't live without this beauty!

Planning on upgrading soon.

Anyone tried Picasa by the way? Thanks

Last edited:

mitstoshi

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2013
Is Prosoftengineer's DataBackup still working?

The program works under Mavericks, how about Yosemite, anyone?

Dowjohnny

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2011
Germany
The "top sites" in safari don't refresh their icon as they did in mavericks, also the cmd+R command has no effect (you could prompt them to refresh in mavericks with that command)

aquabuddha

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2014
Google drive works fine, Has a darkmode bug where its icon stays dark and doest go white. Its on the end right next to the dropbox icon. hard to see but its there.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-22 at 14.38.37.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-22 at 14.38.37.png
    11 KB · Views: 161

tumbadora

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2014
Roland GI-20 doesn't work

My Boss ME-80 guitar effects processor doesn't work as Roland / Boss haven't updated the drivers! Very frustrating as I had to do some recording.

My Roland GI-20 guitarmidiconverter doesn't work in Yosemite, I like Yosemite but I can not use my midi guitar, so I,m back on Mavericks

iAll

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2012
SE NH
My Safari launches but never locks on a site, just a white screen and load bar only goes up a third of the way..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.