Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
I can't get tether me to work. Tried reinstalling and it doesn't enable native tethering.

Make sure keep broadcasting is on.

Reboot after installing.

Make sure its dependency has been installed as well.

Most cracked versions won't install the dependency. Just a heads up.

f894062f29c28b2e7d3c99f6f48428a6.jpg

energy95

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2014
That's how mine looks but it doesn't enable tethering and there's no settings. When I installed iOS 8.3 there was also a carrier update from verizon. I wonder if that had something to do with it?

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
That's how mine looks but it doesn't enable tethering and there's no settings. When I installed iOS 8.3 there was also a carrier update from verizon. I wonder if that had something to do with it?

If you have no settings then update Taige to 2.1. Reboot after that.

Please quote me so I receive notifications.

energy95

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2014
You have to manually install 2.1.

There is a thread here that explains it.

Taig updated. It's a thread I created.

You can use ifile to install the deb.

Taig stated not to install 2.1 because it isn't stable yet. Maybe I'll try it tonight after work. See if that works.

boxermansr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2011
El Paso, TX
Make sure keep broadcasting is on.

Reboot after installing.

Make sure its dependency has been installed as well.

Most cracked versions won't install the dependency. Just a heads up.

f894062f29c28b2e7d3c99f6f48428a6.jpg

Is Tetherme working for you though? I have it installed, but I also currently pay for hotspot with Verizon, and before I remove it, wanted to verify that Tetherme IS working; not like I can't re-add it if it doesn't but I'd rather remove it, and have it removed for good, if Tetherme is working. Thanks.

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
Is Tetherme working for you though? I have it installed, but I also currently pay for hotspot with Verizon, and before I remove it, wanted to verify that Tetherme IS working; not like I can't re-add it if it doesn't but I'd rather remove it, and have it removed for good, if Tetherme is working. Thanks.
It is working. I have used it multiple times yesterday and today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.