Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macinva

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2007
I love everything about iOS 7 so far except the icons but I'll get used to them. Bring it on!

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
That will piss me off worse. I've waited a month to purchase a new notebook because I was waiting on today. Now I need to go ahead and get one for school. If come next month a new one comes out that is a big upgrade I will be annoyed. Yeah I know it's the risk you take with technology...

Back to school season generally doesn't kick up for another month. Apple will probably update it then. This is already a long presentation. Do you absolutely NEED a new one today or can it wait another month or so? It's only going to be a spec update anyway (longer battery life).

kalsta

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2010
Australia
The app icons will take some time to get used to but the rest of it I'm really likening.

I don't think I could ever get used to that Safari icon. I'd nominate it for worst icon Apple has ever created. But agreed… the UI overall is looking great.

HarryKNN21

macrumors regular
May 25, 2012
Hong Kong
holy **** what happened to Safari? That toolbar looks like that straight from native Android system.:eek:

Also why did he repeatedly introduce the control centre?:eek:

Switching between apps is what he calls Multitasking??? Apple tries to redefine something.

Hell, still no full screen photo shooting? Android has full screen photo shooting two years ago.

Masquerade

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2007
"Complety redesigned .." marketing ********. Safari icon looks like you're going to do geocaching or need to use the compass or gps :O . Gamecenter and photos dito and i'm not a designer!

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Does anyone else get the sense that Apple is prepping iOS for a phone that doesn't need a home button? My guess is that the "5S" will still have it, but perhaps the 6 next year or the "cheaper" phone they release this fall might not.

rovex

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2011
Yes, the sheer change in the colour spectrum is a bit of shock it's that big a change.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.