Loading local HTML file via IBAction in WebView

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by gwelmarten, Feb 19, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

Hi
    I'm trying to make a button load a local HTML file in a webView on my OSX App. My current code is:

Code:
    - (IBAction)returnHome {
        [webView setUIDelegate:self]; 
        NSURL *url = [[NSBundle mainBundle] URLForResource:@"index" withExtension:@"html"];
        NSString *html = [NSString stringWithContentsOfURL:url encoding:NSUTF8StringEncoding error:nil];
        NSURL *baseUrl = [NSURL fileURLWithPath:[[NSBundle mainBundle] bundlePath]];
        [[webView mainFrame] loadHTMLString:html baseURL:baseUrl];
    }
    And this does not load the file "index.html". I've being trauling the forums, but can't see anything similar, though I know it must be quite simple. Does anybody have any ideas as to what's wrong with that code?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place - I wasn't sure where to put it.

Thanks in advance,

Sam

2. macrumors 6502a

Google
    [WebView loadRequest:[NSURLRequest requestWithURL:[NSURL fileURLWithPath:[[NSBundle mainBundle] pathForResource:mad:"index" ofType:mad:"html"] isDirectory:NO]]];

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh shoot...

Ah ok - that's for iOS. Does anybody know how I would change that for OSX? The documentation for webView methods on Apple looks pretty similar for both iOS and Mac OSX.

Sam

4. macrumors 603

Are you sure?

The iOS class is UIWebView. That's not the same as WebView.

Read the WebView class reference. More specifically, read the section on the loadRequest: method.

If you can't figure it out from the class reference doc, please explain exactly which part you're having trouble with.