Local Target Had Three

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jedivulcan, Mar 21, 2011.

1. jedivulcan macrumors 6502

May 15, 2007
    I checked the online inventory checker for Target and a location close by had them and confirmed them as being available at the store. I got there and saw one guy walk out with bags of them. I got to the back counter and the electronics clerk said that I just missed them and he sold the only three 16gb black iPads to the gentleman that I saw walking out the door. The clerk then told mentioned they were in short supply and they might not get any more in for a while. He said there wasn't any policy about selling them in quantity to one person... I said literally said ******** and walked out.

It was at the Peachtree City, GA Target store.

Am I being sore? Should I complain to the local manager or corporate?

This happened to be about 30 minutes ago. You'd think they'd have a policy abou selling their entire stock to just ONE person. The guy was alone. I would have had one if they would have had a 1-2 person personal limit... for other customers.
  2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

Feb 19, 2008
  3. marine0816 macrumors 6502a

Mar 11, 2011
    First come first serve.. just take it as a L... But it should be two per person on a global concensus.
  4. DougFNJ macrumors 6502a

Jan 22, 2008
    I don't work at Target, but I have worked retail when I was a kid. I am the last one to defend poor service received but those vests or shirts that they are mandated to wear while on duty isn't a sign that says "beat me"

If the guy hadn't been told there was a limit to sell which is possible of course, than does telling him off like that make things better on either end?

I'm sorry to hear it happened, I have been having it happen daily for the last week, but as annoyed as I have been, you are almost certain that guy will not be going out of his way to make sure you get one.
  5. jedivulcan thread starter macrumors 6502

May 15, 2007
    I called the manager and she said it was five per guest and that they aren't receiving them in bulk. So I asked why there was a limit if they're only receiving them three at a time.

It's just bad form.
  6. jedivulcan thread starter macrumors 6502

May 15, 2007
    I wasn't really directing it at him. It's just my frustration. The guy barely had his head on his shoulders. He made a comment about how he wanted to snag one after his shift.

I would have bought one for myself and arranged something for him to buy it off me at what I paid for it.