Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ben824

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2012
GA
Since I installed the Beta and then the Public version of iOS10 I have had a strange issue when on some phone calls. I'll end a conversation and go to hang up and the screen is locked. I have to unlock the phone and then tap on the green bar at the top to get to the phone and then hang up. I think it has to do with the scenario of that state of the phone when the call was answered. This was NEVER the case in any scenario with any model of iPhone I have ever had since I had my iPhone original. Anyone else have this issue?

Reactions: kshaffe31

Suspended
Sep 16, 2013
Same issue, I can't seem to see why it happens. A lot of the time I start a call with Siri on Speakerphone, will walk around only to notice my screen turned off as if it went into sleep mode.

Reactions: kshaffe31

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Since I installed the Beta and then the Public version of iOS10 I have had a strange issue when on some phone calls. I'll end a conversation and go to hang up and the screen is locked. I have to unlock the phone and then tap on the green bar at the top to get to the phone and then hang up. I think it has to do with the scenario of that state of the phone when the call was answered. This was NEVER the case in any scenario with any model of iPhone I have ever had since I had my iPhone original. Anyone else have this issue?
Instead of unlocking the phone and all that try simply tapping on the call information (number/name) that appears at the top of the "locked" screen and that should take you directly into the call.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Instead of unlocking the phone and all that try simply tapping on the call information (number/name) that appears at the top of the "locked" screen and that should take you directly into the call.

I finally figured that out too. That's one that probably could have been documented better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.