Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scooterguitar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 7, 2008
Is there any reason I shouldn't be looking at fleabay to purchase Logic Studio 9 and save around $150 opposed to purchasing from Apple when I order my new iMac?

Also, coming from Garageband, for basic ease of use and quick recording, is Logic fairly easy? I want to use Logic as it has all the jampacks, but mainly for the amp designer and added effects.

seisend

Suspended
Feb 20, 2009
Switzerland
Logic 9 is a great program and has some nice fuctions for Pro's . The new guitar features are great too. The interface isn't the same as in Garageband, but has many similarities... It's still easy to use for recording some vocals or instruments.

Just make an audio channel, set the input and press record and you are good to go. I can't tell you about Logic Express. I don't know the features of this programm. But you can surely look at it on apple.com . Although , I think Logic 9 Pro itself is very cheap. 150 bugs is not much for a professional program and you have no limitations.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Is there any reason I shouldn't be looking at fleabay to purchase Logic Studio 9 and save around $150 .

It is a real copy or counterfeit? How do you know? If you are sure you are getting the real thing and a serial number that allows for upgrades then yes, just buy from whoever has the lowest price.

If you pay be credit card, direct to the seller, not through paypal then your bank will protect you and you can charge back if you get a bogus copy.

Logic does have a bit of a learning curve. Much steeper then GB.

scooterguitar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 7, 2008
Thanks Chris.
Now a few people are telling me they only paid $179 for the academic version (not express) this past fall on their campus. This seems way too low.

SFXsource

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2009
Logic is an incredible program and the learning curve isn't bad, if you move to it you'll never regret it for a second, its amazing, versatile and can do pretty much anything except make coffee

scooterguitar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 7, 2008
Thanks.
Right, I;m a teacher and college student, still I only get the $50 off! I've been hearing the $179 at bookstore prices at other bookstores, but no luck for me. AT that price I wouldn't care about upgrades. Looks like I'm stuck going ebay or direct I guess.
I might end up going wiht the 21.5" imac opposed to the 27 15, but I read earlier that would be enough for running it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.