Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

akemi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2007
hello guys i am trying to bounce my logic tunes into mp3 (eg to put on an audio cd) files but having problems with clipping, sounds fine in logic, when bounced sounds distorted. i guess its something to do with how loud im recording, or the compressors i put on the drum tracks etc.?? im more of an arranger, not so much a "soundie" so any hints to mix my tracks so they dont distort when bounced, or other ways to go would be great!?
cheers:)

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
i'm not familiar w/ bouncing from Logic, but i'd start by removing things from the equation. for example, if you're bouncing straight to mp3, try bouncing to to an uncompressed format, to remove the mp3 compression/algorithm as a suspect.

i'd also see if i could nail down if it's a specific track that's causing the overs, then seeing what kind of processing is on the track and removing that.

it may help someone here if you listed exactly the steps and values you take/use for the bounce. and post an example mp3.

Phillip K

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2007
Las Vegas Nevada
As I do not know the exact way you are doing this I will give you
the way I do it.

First make sure you do not have any tracks going into the red
other than minor infractions like nothing over 1db for a very
short time.The master bus should never go into the red.
Heavy compression should not cause distortion
but may suck the life out of a track.
Bounce the song to a Aiff and use PowR dithering.
Then drag it into iTunes or open it in Quicktime and do the compression
in there. I prefer iTunes but both work well, iTunes is a little quicker.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.