Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adrien Baker

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 23, 2008
Bakersfield, Ca.
I just ordered Logic Studio and I'm having trouble finding the answer to my question, which is:

Is Logic only good for an install onto one machine? I'm planning on installing it onto my Mac Pro, but I'm also about to purchase a MBP and I'd like to install it on that as well. Is this doable out of the box? Or would I have to purchase another license or something?

Thanks,

Adrien

dLight

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2008
I just ordered Logic Studio and I'm having trouble finding the answer to my question, which is:

Is Logic only good for an install onto one machine? I'm planning on installing it onto my Mac Pro, but I'm also about to purchase a MBP and I'd like to install it on that as well. Is this doable out of the box? Or would I have to purchase another license or something?

Thanks,

Adrien

That's doable out of the box.

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
The answer is in the text of the licensing agreement, assuming it allows installation onto a desktop and laptop isn't a correct interpretation unless it specifically instructs that that is the case.

The reality is that without a hardware dongle, you can install onto both machines but, unless allowed by the license, it would be a breach of the license to do so.

Your call, is that a parrot on your shoulder....?:D;)

AviationFan

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Why not go straight to the source?
http://images.apple.com/legal/sla/docs/logicstudio8.pdf
2. Permitted License Uses and Restrictions.
A. This License allows you to install and use one copy of the Apple Software on one Apple-labeled desktop computer and one Applelabeled
laptop computer so long as both computers are owned and used by you. This License does not allow the Apple Software to
run on more than one computer at a time.
- Martin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.