Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Manek43509

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2010
Norwich, UK
Wasn't sure whether to put this in Pro Audio or here, but I went for here because I figure ultimately that's a Mac App Store issue, not an issue with Logic itself. So here's the thing…

I have a Mac Pro 5,1 running Mojave, and Logic Pro X 10.4.8 running on it. I also have a MacBook Pro (mid-2012) running Mojave as well, and that has Logic Pro X 10.5.1 on it. I want to update Logic on the Mac Pro to this version so my project files can move easily between the two machines. Obviously I know 10.5.1 is compatible with Mojave because that runs perfectly on my MacBook Pro. So why does the Mac App Store tell me that I need Catalina in order to update beyond the current version of Logic (see screenshots below)?

I'm not after the latest version of Logic, I know that does require Catalina… I just want 10.5.1, and I know that runs correctly on Mojave, as I am literally watching it run on Mojave as I type this. So why won't the App Store allow me to update? Wondered whether anyone here had any ideas?!

Screenshot 2020-12-16 at 00.39.30.png
Screenshot 2020-12-16 at 00.40.06.png
Screenshot 2020-12-16 at 00.40.30.png

kiwibirch

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2020
Hi, did you get your Mac Pro to update to 10.5.1? ... I have the same issue. 2012 Mac Pro 5,1 running Logic 10.5 and i can't update it to 10.5.1 i keep getting the catalina error...

Manek43509

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2010
Norwich, UK
Hi, did you get your Mac Pro to update to 10.5.1? ... I have the same issue. 2012 Mac Pro 5,1 running Logic 10.5 and i can't update it to 10.5.1 i keep getting the catalina error...
I've been away from my studio pretty much the entire time since I posted this thread, so I actually haven't got it working yet as I haven't had a chance to try again… I'm going to look into that some more during this week though, and I'll let you know if I get anywhere with it!

Manek43509

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2010
Norwich, UK
Yeah, I think that's what it was, actually. Another producer I know quite well was saying he'd had the same issue with this on the same machine (Mac Pro 5,1 running Mojave), as well.

I have sorted that out now. I ended up installing a cracked version of Logic 10.5.0 (I didn't want to use a cracked Logic; but that wasn't like I hadn't already paid for it through the App Store either way!), and when that installed it took the place of Logic 10.4.8 in my Applications folder. Then the Mac App Store showed Logic under my 'Purchased' tab, but as an app which was 'Not on this Mac' – so I clicked its Download button, and the App Store proceeded to download and install Logic 10.5.1, replacing the cracked 10.5.0 with the 'official' App Store version in the process… And now that all works perfectly!

Bit weird and convoluted, but we got there in the end!

Manek43509

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2010
Norwich, UK
Sorry, should've made that a reply… Yes, I have got that working now! (See above for the workaround I used.)

Jerryshouse

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2021
Hi,
Can you somehow get Logic Pro 10.6 running on Mojave?
Is there someone who has an idea?
Greetings
Jerry

Jerryshouse

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2021
Apple specs say macOS 10.15.7 is the minimum requirement and I haven't heard of anyone getting it to run in Mojave. I guess it would have to be downloaded to a qualifying machine and copied over to even try.
a file in the program package must be rewritten.
when the program is started Logic checks the version of the OSX.
This exam has to be changed so that Mojave is accepted.
Now our Apple experts are asked here in the forum to find out how to do it.
I've looked through it myself but haven't found anything yet.
then you could still start 32bit plugins with 32lives

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.