Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nicolasdec

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 7, 2006
São Paulo
Do any of you know a login system which I can add to my site. So I can have a member's area. It will be great if it could be embedded on to my site's template.

Nicolasdec

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 7, 2006
São Paulo
basicly what i whant to do is, have a members area people login in and then they can write post is on there profile were only them can see. so basicly a web version of the post it stickers.

Mydriasis

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2005
You need two files in the folder that you want to password protect:

1. .htaccess
  2. .htpasswd

Here is an example with the user name being Joe Blow, the password johnnybegood, and the server url /website/main/images.

.htaccess needs to contain:

AuthType Basic
AuthName "Password"
AuthUserFile /website/main/images
require user Joe Blow

.htpasswd needs to have:

Joe Blow:aRYYaJJnmPduA

that last bit of scrambled letter is your encrypted password: there are lots of sites that will encrypt passwords for you, here is one I googled http://www.kxs.net/support/htaccess_pw.html

tutubibi

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2003
localhost
You can take a look at so many different implementations in various open source software applications.

Just look at Textpattern, dAlbum. Wordpress, Simplog, to name a few.

Or, if you are willing to wait for couple of weeks I will share my implementation once done. PM me what exactly you need.

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
Learn PHP and MySQL, and write it yourself.
the great benefit of that is it'll be immune from all the auto-hacking scripts out there. iow, someone would have to try to hack into that site specifically.

I doubt that anybody has already written a "members only post it note" web application.
joomla w/ CommunityBuilder could handle it. i wouldn't be surprised if other CMS's could, too.

janitorC7

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2006
California
I'm gonna have to say do one of either 2 things. 1. Learn php and sql, do it yourself. 2. Choose a prebuilt solution and edit the code to your needs. (secret option 3. Pay me and I'll do it for you :p)

good luck.

Cooper

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.