Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ivanpasic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2013
Can anyone who has this camera tell me if you are receiving activity notifications on your ATV? Since I upgraded all my devices to iOS17/tvOS17 the camera view does not pop up on my TV when specific motion is detected (people, animals etc).

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Can anyone who has this camera tell me if you are receiving activity notifications on your ATV? Since I upgraded all my devices to iOS17/tvOS17 the camera view does not pop up on my TV when specific motion is detected (people, animals etc).
Just to rule everything out, do you have the notifications set up in the ATV settings? If you did, double check because I have a lot of HomeKit toggles mysteriously un-toggle themselves for no apparent reason.

Reactions: ivanpasic

ivanpasic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2013
Just to rule everything out, do you have the notifications set up in the ATV settings? If you did, double check because I have a lot of HomeKit toggles mysteriously un-toggle themselves for no apparent reason.
Thanks, yes they are indeed all on. I wonder if this is, like most of the HomeKit issues in my opinion, related to my network/router. I will try a different router to see if that helps. I really wish HomeKit was not this finicky.

Reactions: Itinj24

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Thanks, yes they are indeed all on. I wonder if this is, like most of the HomeKit issues in my opinion, related to my network/router. I will try a different router to see if that helps. I really wish HomeKit was not this finicky.
HomeKit is a hot mess

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.